This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Youth Ministries
cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 07/29/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Position: Madeira-Silverwood Presbyterian (MSPC) Director of Youth Ministries
Purpose: This role exists to lead students into a vital relationship with Christ and to equip them with a biblical world and life view.
Serve as shepherd to the junior and senior high students of MSPC and evangelist to their un-churched friends. Plan and oversee the discipling ministries for the junior and senior high students of MSPC. Expect the work of the ministry will be done by the youth ministry team and the congregation. Work with staff and session to implement the mission and vision of MSPC. Develop and maintain the vision for the MSPC Youth ministry.
1. Provide discipleship, friendship, spiritual care, leadership development, and overall pastoral care to the youth and their families.
2. Leadership development of youth workers (adult leaders) and youth leaders (student leaders).
3. Work with youth team to plan, organize, and implement the weekly meetings – Wed evening Jr. High and Sunday evening Sr. High.
4. Serve as the primary teacher/speaker at the weekly meeting.
5. Oversee Discipleship Groups led by youth workers which are age/gender specific.
6. Develop a Sunday school curriculum for junior and senior high.
7. Recruit and equip teachers for junior and senior high Sunday school and serve as a primary teacher for Sr. High throughout the year.
8. Work with the youth team to plan, organize and participate in the regular yearly events of MSPC.
9. Work with youth team to plan, organize, and lead the youth mission trips.
10. Plan and implement regular local service ministry opportunities throughout the year.
11. Work with the youth team to plan regular “community building” events throughout the year: pool parties, picnics, game nights, laser tag, sporting events, etc.
12. Visiting youth on their turf as represented in our church (such as Madeira Jr. /Sr. High, Indian Hill Jr. /Sr. High, etc).
13. Attend all staff meetings, and maintain a strong working relationship with the staff.
14. Maintain regular office hours for administrative duties and staff work, but have flexibility to include after school activities, coffee shops, homes and wherever youth are.
1. Must have a deep personal relationship with Jesus Christ and faith based on God’s Word.
2. Demonstrates discipline in applying the means of grace.
3. Demonstrates humility and a teachable spirit.
4. Demonstrates love for people, especially youth and parents of youth.
1. Has experience and track record of working with students in a youth ministry context.
2. Demonstrates a strong work ethic and is self motivated.
3. Outgoing, engaging personality
4. Has the ability to disciple believing students and speak the gospel intelligibly to youth in our cultural context.
5. Demonstrates strong leadership gifts.
6. Ability to organize and implement a large and growing youth ministry with a minimum of supervision.
The youth director will have a strong working relationship with the senior pastor and will report to the session via the Youth committee regarding their responsibilities and performance.