WORSHIP PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Objective: To provide pastoral leadership to the worship ministries of St. Paul Evangelical Church.
Contact Information: Interested candidates please send a DVD and a resume with phone numbers for references to the address below. We are looking for three things on the DVD: 1) how the candidate leads worship and interacts with a congregation; 2) how a candidate handles the spoken transitions between songs - ideally with some inspiration, similar to how spoken transitions are handled at Lakewood Church with Joel Osteen; and 3) we'd also like to hear a song or two sung by the worship leader alone, and this does not have to be in front of a congregation. Please send the DVD to:
St. Paul Evangelical Church
108 S. Main St.
Cibolo, Tx 78108
Background Information: This is a full-time position with a package of $40,000 to start with, broken down into benefits categories however the candidate wishes. Significant annual pay raises are anticipated as the attendance grows. This church has a long history of treating staff very well in this manner. We currently have one traditional service but are seeking an inspirational worship leader to help us launch a new contemporary service or country/Southern Gospel service in the near future. There is tremendous potential to do much good for the Kingdom, as we are in one of the fastest-growing areas in the country, the I-35 corridor between San Antonio and Austin. In spite of having only a traditional service, the church has doubled in attendance and nearly tripled in giving in well under ten years and has seen a number of conversions to Christ, so we anticipate that having a much more relevant indigenous service gives us a great chance for strong growth. We plan to have massive ad campaigns in multiple media outlets before and after the launch. Our main purpose is to find a worship leader for the new service, although our organist has just retired, so if we happen to find someone who can also handle our traditional service and add some blended elements to it that would be an added bonus, but definitely not necessary. We have a brand new state-of-the-art audio-visual system and a team of volunteers trained to use it. We are currently expanding our parking lot. We have a couple of potential singers and instrumentalists for the contemporary service, but a proven track of being a recruiter and developer of worship teams would be highly appealing to us, as would a track record of growth in the services where you've led worship. Bill Easum, one of the top church health and growth experts in the nation, has analyzed this church and concluded that it is a very healthy church that should experience good growth with a new service and expanded parking.
Position Description: The worship pastor will be the “producer” of each worship service and special programs. Although the senior pastor is the “Director” in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the worship pastor will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. The worship pastor must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship pastor is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision. This position is a pastoral one that therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing arts director but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry. It is extremely important that this person be able to build a team and recruit and raise up leaders for the various areas of the worship ministry.
Qualifications: 1. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
2. Commitment to moral purity.
3. Commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of our church.
4. It would be ideal, but not mandatory, to have demonstrated excellence as a worship leader, i.e. have grown a music ministry over the past few years.
5. Must be evangelical in theology. It would be ideal, but not mandatory, to be Reformed.
Abilities: 1. A pastor as well as a musician. This does not mean ordained. A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
2. Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a large church in worship.
3. Skilled in choral, vocal, and instrumental direction.
4. Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
5. Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, Power Point, and video projection.
6. Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
7. A self-starter
8. A team player with a positive attitude.
Responsibilities: 1. Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, etc.
2. Spend time developing relationships with lost people so as to be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping the church to do the same.
3. Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of the church.
4. Plan the corporate worship services of the church in consultation with the Senior Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day. Oversee song and choral selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, dramatists, and greeters.
5. Serve as lead worshiper in all worship services.
6. Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services.
7. Provide pastoral care for the worship teams and choirs.
8. Develop and oversee a drama team and ministry.
9. Introduce our worship teams and choirs to worship training provided by other ministries, books, and conferences.
10. Plan major seasonal and/or outreach musicals/dramas two to three times per year. Find and plan other ways to use music and drama to reach out to the community evangelistically.
11. Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
12. Build contacts and relationships with local musicians, studios, and clubs for both evangelistic and staffing purposes.
13. Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Worship Leader/DirectorDetroit Church
- Midtown Detroit, Michigan
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Worship Ministry DirectorArvada Church of God
- Arvada, Colorado
- December 1
St. Paul Evangelical Church
WORSHIP PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION Position Objective: To provide pastoral leadership to the worship ministries of St. Paul Evangelical Church. Contact Information: Interested candidates please send a resume with phone numbers for references and a DVD or VHS of you leading live worship to: St. Paul Evangelical Church 108 S. Main St. Cibolo, Tx 78108 www.stpaulevangelicalchurch.com (210)-658-5874 Background Information: This is a full-time position with a package of at least $40,000 to start with, broken down into benefits catego More...