This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Avalon Missionary Church
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 07/21/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Not Applicable
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Avalon Missionary Church is seeking a Worship Pastor to lead our worship ministry. This is a full time position on our pastoral staff. We have two Sunday morning services that are led by a band and a team of vocalists. In addition to planning and leading worship (including the use of music, drama, video, arts, etc.) the position includes some responsibilities for oversight of our facilities. Staff members at Avalon are team players who work together to help the people of the church pursue Avalon’s mission of making followers of Jesus Christ who impact their world. Those interested in the position should check our website (www.avalonmissionarychurch.com) to learn more about us and to review our core beliefs and values. If you are interested in exploring the possibility of God’s call upon your life for this position by applying, please e-mail a resume and cover letter to Pastor Keith Koteskey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Description: The person serving as Worship Pastor will oversee the worship ministry of the church and also help with the supervision of our facilities (approximately ¾ time worship and ¼ facility).
Qualifications and Experience
The person serving in this position should bring:
• A commitment of faith in Christ, a passionate desire to serve Him, and a sense of His calling to the ministry of worship in the local church.
• Preferably a degree in Christian Ministries, Worship or Music from an accredited university or college and/or prior worship ministry experience.
• A cooperative attitude, a kind and helpful spirit, and a strong work ethic.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
• The ability to recruit, equip, mentor and motivate leaders.
• Honesty, integrity, and courtesy.
• A faithful commitment to maintain confidentiality where necessary.
• A knowledge of music and the ability to lead/teach others who may be nonprofessional musicians.
• Strong organizational and leadership skills with attention to detail.
• Flexibility to adapt to changes in work responsibilities as the church’s ministry and vision develops.
• Pray faithfully for our church and specifically for those people and ministries for which the Worship Pastor has direct responsibility.
• Supervise and coordinate all aspects of the worship ministry of the church, including but not limited to: planning worship services, equip nd leading members of the worship team (musicians and vocalists), selecting music for worship, etc.
• Cultivate the use of creative elements and the arts in worship, including drama, video, decorations, etc.
• Recruit, teach, equip, mentor and motivate worship team members and leaders, and cultivate this team to effectively lead our church in worship.
• Utilize technology and creative communication as tools in our worship ministry.
• Work cooperatively with our Creative Arts Team to oversee the maintenance of all sound, lighting and music equipment.
• Lead regular rehearsals of worship team to ensure adequate preparation of the team for each worship service.
• Model relational ministry by investing in personal contact with members – and potential members – of ministry teams related to worship, and equip and motivate volunteer leadership staff to do the same.
• Supervise facility scheduling and custodial staff.
• Give general oversight to our facilities and property, working cooperatively with our Facilities Team to ensure that campus is adequately maintained.
• Supervise leaders of ministry teams related to worship and facilities as well as other teams that are assigned by Senior Pastor.
• Participate in weekly staff meetings and work cooperatively with other church staff members and ministry leaders to help the church accomplish her calling. This would include assisting the senior pastor and staff with the ministries of the church according to giftedness (e.g., occasional preaching if so gifted, covering emergency pastoral care matters, etc.)
• Meet consistently with Senior Pastor to maintain clear communication, track progress and address ministry needs.
• Carry out ministry in a manner that represents the church with professionalism and courtesy.
• Utilize annual evaluation process to determine opportunities for improvement.
• Prepare professionally for growth in ministry through approved continuing education, reading and research.
Time & Compensation: This is a full time, salaried position. Benefits include health and disability insurance, vacation, sick leave, and professional development support.
(This job description is not intended to include every detail related to this position, but rather a general description of the main responsibilities. Avalon Missionary Church reserves the right to change and revise job descriptions as the need arises.)
Avalon Missionary Church purposes to make followers of Jesus Christ who are experiencing grace-based relationships, reproducing and equipping other disciples, and influencing their world toward Christ.