This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Youth Worship
Van Dyke Church
Tampa, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 07/21/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Youth Worship
Van Dyke Church is an exciting and dynamic place. We are seeking a proven worship leader with strong musical ability to be our Director of Youth Worship. This is a full-time position for a person who has real experience and a passion for worship.
Programming is coordinated on a team basis, so the successful candidate will be able to effectively lead a team of staff and volunteers through the planning, execution and evaluation of worship experiences.
Skills needed would include:
• Ability to build, lead, and instruct a worship team musically.
• Ability to produce high energy worship and praise experiences.
• Ability to lead and direct students in an engaging time of worship and inspire them to enter into praise and worship radically.
• Sense of humor
• Strong work ethic
• Energetic and have a heart for ministry to teens
• A God-given musical talent – should be able to sing and play musical instruments. Also read music.
• Sample of music [or willing to perform live audition]
1. Provide personal leadership to student praise band(s), drama team(s), and vocal praise team(s).
2. To recruit, train, and equip volunteers to assist with the student worship ministry.
3. Lead worship music for student worship services and events.
4. Meet weekly with the Directors of Middle School and Senior High to provide creative in nd direction for weekly worship experiences.
5. Attend Youth Staff Meetings as scheduled.
6. Dedicate intentional time for building personal and mentor relationships with youth.
7. Capable of running basic AV equipment for setup in rehearsals and services. (i.e. sound system, stage lights).
8. See that all music related elements of worship are prepared in advance.
9. Occasionally teach during large group gatherings.
10. Direct rehearsals and oversee scheduling of music teams.
Christian Discipleship (Character):
• A personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• A demonstration of strong Christian character.
Interpersonal Skills (Chemistry):
• Capable of recruiting and working with a volunteer staff.
• Works well with the church staff, leadership, and parents of youth.
Ministry Skills (Competency):
• The ability to lead worship with excellence.
Education and Experience:
• We desire a person with a Bachelors Degree and 4 or more years experience leading a programming or worship ministry in a church setting.