This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Church Music Director
SMITHFIELD BAPTIST CHURCH
Smithfield, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 07/19/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Part-Time
Purpose of this Position: The Church Music Director is responsible for assisting the Church in evaluating, planning,and conducting a comprehensive music ministry. The Church Music Director shall work under the direction of, and be responsible to, the Senior Pastor.
The Church: Smithfield Baptist is a diverse community of believers who unite under the Lordship of Christ and needs help to fully realize its potential in a rapidly growing and changing surrounding community. The Church recognizes the importance of the laity congregation in providing volunteer staff necessary to complete the church mission. Likewise, the Church members are part of a greater local community in which it must be a Light of Truth. The Music Ministry has always played an important role in our worship experience and in our spreading of God’s word.
Basic Job Description:
1. Coordinate all music ministries of the church
2. Prefer a degree in music or qualifying music leadership experience
3. Provide timely reporting and arrange for necessary maintenance upon the Sanctuary organ and piano, the handbell instruments and associated hardware, and all other pianos located throughout the Church
4. Coordinate the ordering of music for all Church Choirs
5. Serve as a member of the Church Music Committee
6. Serve as a member of the Church Council
7. Coordinate with Pastor to report hymns, offertory, prelude, postlude, preparatory and other related music selections to the Church Office / Church Secretary for inclusion in the Sunday Church Bulletin
8. Rehearse the Adult Choir at least once each week in preparation for their delivery of music for each Sunday worship service
9. Conduct the Adult Choir in its delivery of music for each Sunday worship service
10. Encourage and coordinate the training and use of instrumentalists and vocalists, in groups or as soloists, for the delivery of music during selected Sunday worship services
11. Coordinate special music programs (e.g., Easter, Christmas, Youth, Children, Cherub) as appropriate and with the assistance of volunteer Youth Choir, Children’s Choir, and Cherub Choir Directors, and other Church Musicians
12. In the event either the Church Organist or Church Pianist will be absent from a given Sunday worship service, the Church Music Director shall be responsible for ensuring that a replacement Organist/Pianist is available.
13. Ensure the proper storage and appropriate security of Church sheet music, instruments and associated equipment
14. Perform other duties as may, from time-to-time, be determined necessary and appropriate to the position of Church Music Director