This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The Church At Rocky Peak
Chatsworth, California, United States
Date Posted: 07/16/2008
Categories: College Pastor
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
TITLE OF THE POSITION : 20-Something Pastor
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION : The purpose of this position is to create a healthy 20-Something ministry for single adults ages 24-32.
WHO DOES THIS POSITION REPORT TO : Either the Student Ministries Pastor or the Executive Pastor
WHO DOES THIS POSITION WORK CLOSELY WITH : College Pastor, Singles Pastor
PRIMARY STRENGTHS/GIFTS/TALENTS REQUIRED :
• Passion For God – A passionate love for Christ; a desire to please Him at all costs; a growing first-hand relationship with God.
• Character – Integrity you can take to the bank; spiritual maturity. A strong commitment to sexual purity, both personally and for the group.
• Strong Leadership Gifts – Gifted leader; able to cast vision, build and manage strong teams; good organizational skills. Able to lead, train and develop effective leaders.
• Gifted Teaching – Able to create and communicate God’s Word in a practical, engaging and relevant way.
• Strong People Skills– Able to get along well with others; good emotional intelligence; able to work through conflict well.
• Small Groups Commitment – A strong commitment to spiritual growth through small groups.
CONTINUING RESPONSIBILITIES :
• To launch a new 20-Something ministry that would include large group gatherings, small groups, and regular activities.
• To oversee the 20-Something Life Groups (small groups).
• Other responsibilities will depend on the gifts and experience of this pastor, but the primary responsibility will be for the 20-Something ministry.
• Counseling, weddings, as needed.
HOURS REQUIRED :
• Full time: 50-55 hrs/week.
A Little Background . . .
The Church At Rocky Peak is an evangelical church nestled in the foothills of Chatsworth California on the border of Los Angeles and Ventura counties. Currently, the church has a total attendance of about 2,000 each weekend at our three services.
We are contemporary in worship (Passion; Hillsong United; etc.), practical in teaching, and casual in feel. Presently we have a staff of about 60 people (both full and part time) and a campus of 115 acres.
Our services are designed to help Christ-followers grow to become like Christ. We spend a significant amount of time in both worship and the Word at our weekend services. However, we have a huge heart for the un-churched, so we work really hard at creating an environment that is contemporary in feel, casual in look, and colloquial in style. Most of our newcomers are non-churched and are loving it.
We’ve built the whole church around small groups. They are the hub of the ministry and about 70% of our weekend attendance is plugged in to one of these Life Groups.
Our vision is to “unleash a movement of passionate Christ followers” who are growing in their relationship with God, connecting in significant relationships, serving God with their time, gifts and resources, and sharing the message of Christ with others.
A little background on this position. A little over a year ago, we brought in a new college pastor who is doing a great job. The group is growing and thriving spiritually. Right now they average between 80-90 students at their weekly meetings. However, as the group grows, we can see a need for a “next step” group for those who are still single and in the 24-32 age group.
So this will be a start-up group – and we need someone to design it from the ground up. If you think that may be you, send us a resume and we’ll go from there.