This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Adult Ministries Team Leader
Yorba Linda Friends Church
Yorba Linda, California, United States
Date Posted: 10/14/2008
Categories: Associate Pastor
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Full-Time
To serve the church by developing, coordinating and administering an effective ministry to meet the needs of the adults of the church and providing leadership to and supervision of staff and volunteers involved in this ministry.
· Provide leadership and direction to the Directors within the Adult Ministries team in accomplishing the overall church vision and purposes.
· Provide ongoing feedback to the adult staff thru ongoing evaluations and performance reviews on a routine basis as defined by the Organization.
· Maximize the leadership skills of the adult ministry team by overseeing the execution of their personal development plans.
· Ensure that the adult ministry goals are clearly defined, aligned and integrated with the churches vision, goals and strategic plan.
· Create a work environment that fosters mutual support, cohesive teamwork and successful interpersonal relationships.
· Provide counsel and guidance for the adult ministry team in the development and execution of a comprehensive ministry plan for adults.
· Enlist, equip and encourage leaders and teachers for adult ministries.
· Provide guidance and administrative oversight to the directors in the developing of their respective budgets and monitor the actual expenses in relation to the approved budget.
· Develop supervise and guide a comprehensive educational and service
ministry for adults.
· Oversee the needs of the adult ministries area in the use of facilities, and
calendar planning department wide.
The Adult Team Leader will be responsible for managing the Directors and oversight of these ministry areas:
§ Assimilation - Oversee the assimilation process for adults within our church structure, this would include connection with guests, membership process, and serving process.
§ Marriage and Family Ministries-Oversee the premarital process, the wedding ministries area, marriage & parenting ministries, and short term counseling as needed.
§ Discipleship – Oversee the process of discipleship as it is developed and administered within Friends.
§ Demographic Type ministries- Oversee the men’s, women’s, singles, young adults, senior adult areas within the church.
§ Community Groups – Oversee the process of develo nd leading the small group ministries of Friends.
§ Supervise studies, conferences, programs, service projects and events for adults.
General Pastoral Ministry
§ Teach, as requested.
§ Work with appropriate committees and leaders in carrying out the ministry of the church.
§ Attend worship services 7 out of 8 weeks (take 8th week off to visit another church or spend time with family).
§ Attend staff meetings, retreats, and conferences; keep current in related field.
§ Represent the church by serving on appropriate committees of the denomination and organizations in the community, coordinating staff involvement in the same.
§ Cooperate with the Executive Director and Lead Pastor by performing any other duties when assigned or requested.
SPIRITUAL: Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and must have a heart for ministry. Must hold to the Statement of Faith, Position Statements, Vision Statement, Purposes and Values of Friends Church. Those that serve God on the staff at Friends Church are expected to set a high standard of personal conduct and lifestyle. It is required that all staff members are members of Friends Church.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND LICENSURE: A masters degree in related field and a minimum five to ten (5-10) years experience in ministry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must become commissioned through Evangelical Friends Church Southwest.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
SKILLS: Must be proficient in the Microsoft Suite of products. Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills, and mathematical skills. Must be a self-starter. Must be confidential, flexible, accurate and have good follow-up skills. Strong managerial skills.
ABILITY: Ability to understand, teach and live out Biblical truths. Ability to comprehend written and oral information and to express written and oral information with clarity. Ability to identify problems, exhibit both inductive and mathematical reasoning. Ability to lead and provide vision. Ability to travel. Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays, as requested.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Friends Church reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities within this job description at any time.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com