This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Family Life
Eagle Pointe Church
Acworth, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 07/15/2008
Categories: Associate Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Eagle Pointe is a non-denominational, casual, contemporary, Christian church. In 4 1/2 years God has grown His work here from 45 to over 300 people. Over 60% of those attending were unchurched and dechurched prior to coming. We are also located in an area northwest of Atlanta that is 93% unchurched. We are looking for a person who has a strong passion for not only reaching people for Christ, but also helping those people connect into the life of our church family through Ministry, Small Groups and Spiritual Growth Classes. We encourage you to visit our website to see if this is the type of ministry God has given you a passion for.
ASSIMILATION – SPIRITUAL GROWTH/DISCIPLESHIP – OVERSEE WEEKDAY PRESCHOOL MINISTRY
The “Pastor of Family Life” will be a leader of leaders, a person with a proven track record of accomplishments: someone who “gets things done”; creative; resourceful; a problem-solver; and a strategic planner. Primary day-to-day responsibilities will include managing and encouraging positive 1st impressions and retention of visitors. Then leading those people to become regular attenders, then members who are growing in their relationship with Jesus Christ. Duties also include supervising and evaluating our church’s Weekday Preschool.
• Strong person of faith
• Passion for Christ, families, children, and ministry
• Strong people and administrative skills
• Experienced with Church Ministries
• Leadership and Pastoral skills and the ability to influence others
• Ministry heart & mindset
• Person of Vision
The Pastor of Family Life reports to the Senior Pastor & Church Management Team, and works with the staff of Eagle Pointe Church.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Lead, oversee, evaluate all aspects of assimilation of visitors into the life of our Eagle Pointe Family.
(1st Impressions, follow up, relationship building, tracking, etc.)
2. Lead, oversee, evaluate and/or develop new materials and strategies for growing people spiritually through Small Groups & Spiritual Growth classes.
3. Encourage, support, empower, equip, and direct staff and ministry workers in their service for God.
4. Active member of Eagle Pointe staff and church family.
5. Supervises and evaluates all staff, other than those reporting directly to the Senior Pastor.
6. Evaluates & helps coordinate the effectiveness of church ministries and ministry-workers.
7. Supervise and evaluate our church’s Weekday Preschool and promote Weekday Preschool both within the church and to our community.
8. Encourages the ongoing development of staff; monitors the health of all ministries; helps identify needs for the training of ministry-workers; and encourages the ongoing development of ministry-workers.
9. Liaises with church ministries to ensure the Eagle Pointe family is aware of what God is doing among us.