Worship and Creative Arts Director
Primary Objective: The primary purpose of this position is to provide servant leadership, care, and direction to the Westbrook Worship and Creative Arts Ministry, engaging the congregation in God Honoring Worship that inspires and moves people into becoming fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ, living to fulfill His mission in their world. The secondary purpose of this position is to use graphic arts to enhance communication in the area of the bulletin, website, signage, print materials while helping to ensure brand consistency across all of the ministry areas.
Responsible to: Senior Pastor
Classification: Exempt, Director, Full-Time with Benefits, 40+ hours per week on average (Sunday through Thursday typically), salaried
Position Overview: The responsibilities of the Worship and Creative Arts Director are varied and far reaching. The position calls for a person who is visionary and creative, able to communicate a direction in such a manner so as to inspire and surround themselves with people willing to join in the pursuit of that purpose. The position serves as the coordinating point to all aspects of worship and performing arts. This person may not personally direct each area, but will recruit, oversee, and develop others to share in the leadership. This person is not solely a musical or performing arts director, but is also a shepherd to the many people who serve in this ministry. In addition, the position calls for a person who is skilled in graphic design and web page development. The position requires a creative eye and skill set to create print materials, web banners/design, bulletin artwork, logos, stationery, etc.
1. Plan, coordinate, communicate, and evaluate the many facets of Weekend Worship Services and other special services on the church calendar, such as Christmas Eve.
2. Provide leadership and direction to ministry areas associated to this position, including:
- Worship Teams
- Worship Planning
- Media Ops/Sound
- Performing Arts
- Graphic Arts/Communication
3. Keep current in worship resources, music, and technologies that enhance and engage the worship experience for the diverse population of the Church.
4. Model and exemplify a life-growing in personal and corporate worship.
5. Submit a yearly budget and operate within the approved budget guidelines.
6. Develop a worship leading process that incorporates existing worship people and allows for the recruiting, training, and scheduling of new people in the worship leading experience.
7. Meet as required with Westbrook Pastors and Ministry leaders for encouragement, prayer, communication, and networking.
8. Meet on a regular basis with Worship Ministry departmental staff and lead volunteers providing encouragement and evaluation regarding job performance.
9. Lead Weekend and other Services, including rehearsals, training and equipping others to share in leading opportunities as well.
10. Assist in the planning and initiating of large events such as concerts that fit the purpose and ministry of Westbrook.
11. Create a visual branding or presence for Westbrook ministries.
Competencies and Required Skills
- A growing and personal relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated in a life lived above reproach, with honesty, integrity and accountability.
- Musical proficiency and the ability to work with a wide variety of skills levels. Minimum of least a Bachelors Degree, preferably in a music or communication field.
- Communication, both oral, written, graphic design and web development.
- Organization: the ability to plan, recruit, delegate, evaluate, and to follow through on details.
- Comfortable with the use of technology, or the willingness to learn, sound, lighting, computers, Power Point, PCO, Propresenter, and video projection.
- Supervisory skills and the ability to give and receive honest feedback.
- A heart for the Spiritual formation of those in the congregation and worship ministry.
- Previous experience leading a church worship ministry.
- Understands worship leading and participation as a team calling, and not performance.
- Seeks excellence in every aspect of the Worship and Creative Arts Ministry.
Resumes (in PDF format only) accepted through Jan 31, 2013 (or until the position is filled). Only applicants who meet the criteria need respond. The search team will review resumes in January and February and will contact individuals who best meet the criteria. Links to online videos of worship leading and/or online links to graphic art samples are requested. Please use the email address provided for all inquiries rather than calling the church office (westbrookcareers@gmailcom).
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship and Creative Arts PastorFusion Bible Church
- Durant, Oklahoma
- December 10
Director of Worship Music ArtsIrvington Presbyterian Church
- Fremont, California
- December 9
Worship Pastor (Campus Ministry) - Part TimeJourney Church
- Denver, North Carolina
- December 9
PastorOne God Ministry
- Fairfax, Virginia
- December 8
Worship Arts DirectorArmitage Baptist Church
- Chicago, Illinois
- December 8
Our Mission Statement Our mission is to help people "Discover a relationship with Jesus Christ, be Developed as His disciples, and be Deployed in His service." Our Values Living in the unfolding story of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit as revealed in the Scriptures. Growing daily in our love and generosity towards God and others. Living worshipful lives together in both large and small groups Welcoming the Lake Country community into our church and lives by being authentic representative of Jesu More...