Department: Media & Technology
Reports to: Pastor of Media & Technology
The Web Developer maintains and facilitates the development and posting of content related to online promotional communication, including church websites and promotional emails. This position is responsible for the design and implementation of content elements
and contributes to the exploration of new technologies and means for effective online communication.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
- Design, code, and develop all church websites and online presences using standardized technology and current development standards
- Write stories or generate content for online presence of church activities, ministries or initiatives.
- Design, code, and send HTML emails to specified church demographics as well as provide support to staff in creation and sending of like emails.
- Day-to-day creation and posting of web banners, articles and other items in order to maintain consistent, relevant, and accurate information on the web.
- Serve as a key developer for project-based web initiatives.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Media Ministry in design and production of video projects as they relate to post-production.
- Video editing and encoding for web-based applications.
- Assist in determining and initiating participation in educational opportunities for the design team.
- Support the Communications Team in development of print pieces and signage as needed.
- Help facilitate support for web-related questions and problems as they arise.
- Assist Communications Team in creation of internet strategies by exploring and researching new media opportunities and trends for further church-wide web and media development.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative but not inclusive of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Intermediate proficiency with and ASP.Net, Microsoft SQL, and MySQL.
- Ability to implement custom web applications and designs via stand alone code development and content management tools such as Drupal and WordPress,
- Proficient with the current Adobe CS suite workflow including After Effects.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associated Degree in field.
- In lieu of degree applicant should have minimum 5 years Design or web related experience.