This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Church Business Administrator
Edina, Minnesota, United States
Date Posted: 07/14/2008
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
COLONIAL CHURCH OF EDINA
CHURCH BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR
A. Role: The Church’s Business Administrator is responsible for supporting the ministerial functions of Colonial Church, helping the ministers and lay leadership achieve success our mission. Along with a dedicated support staff and volunteer leaders from the congregation, this lay administrator is responsible for all financial affairs, including budgeting, stewardship, and management of spending throughout the year; property management; human resources; communications; and other administrative functions as outlined below.
B. Qualifications: This person will –
1. Be a college graduate, or equivalent ,i.e., having advanced training in administration, and/or possessing the necessary experience to qualify themselves for the position.
2. Have a minimum of five years experience in general administration comparable to the scope of responsibilities outlined in this position description.
3. Possess skills in leadership, strategic thinking, financial analysis, clarity of written and oral communications, interpersonal interaction with others, and have the ability to implement both difficult and simple activities. Must have proven supervisory experience.
4. Be competent in the management and operation of computer systems, working knowledge of Website management and software, and have demonstrated skills that would lead one to believe that the candidate could learn Shelby software quickly and completely.
5. This person should profess the Christian faith, consistent with the confession of faith found in Colonial’s By-Laws.
1. Lay Leadership – Works with and supports the lay leadership of the Church. This includes the Church Council and its officers, including the Moderator; the Finance Committee; and is available to participate with other Committees and ad hoc groups as necessary.
2. Professional Staff – Works with and supports the professional ministerial staff, providing administrative support and programmatic support as required.
3. Supervision – Supervises staff that performs administrative, communications, custodial, and finance functions, as well as volunteer persons who perform similar functions during the Church year. This includes paid staff, and multiple volunteers.
4. Finance – Has major responsibility for managing the finances of the Church. This includes leading the annual budgeting process, managing expenditures throughout the year, analyzing and reporting monthly financial results and supporting the stewardship efforts of the Church, all in partnership with the Finance Committee, Stewardship Committee, and the Church Council.
5. Human Resources – Provides the Human Resources function for the employees of the Church. This includes the employment, supervision and discipline of support staff, provision of employee benefits to all employees, and management of the payroll function.
6. Property – Is responsible for property and equipment maintenance, custodial cleanliness, coordination of capital improvements, and maintenance of the grounds and parking lots. Also manages the scheduling and utilization of the facility. Works with the Capital Improvements Committee and the Building and Design Committee to assure a consistent approach to capital improvements in the property.
7. Communications – Works with ministerial staff, volunteers, and others to implement a comprehensive communications plan for the Church. Supervises staff that carry out this key function.
8. Administrative duties - Ensures that adequate telephone and computer systems are in place and operational; oversees Website; assists the worship in ensuring te video and sound systems in the meetinghouse are working properly, and provides training in the above to those who use the systems regularly; and maintains the risk management program that includes provision of required insurance coverage, and training of staff and volunteers in fire and other disaster response.
1. Reports to the Senior Minister and the Church Council.
2. Works with lay leadership and volunteers of the Church,
3. Works with the Ministerial staff, supporting the many ministry activities including worship, teaching, fellowship, outreach, and other services provided by Colonial to its community.
4. Supervises paid staff to accomplish the services outlined in responsibilites above.
5. Engages with the local organization of Church Administrators, and other professional associations as appropriate.