This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Toledo, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 07/13/2008
Categories: Senior Pastor
Denominations: Christian Missionary Alliance
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
SENIOR PASTOR, WESTGATE CHAPEL CMA, TOLEDO, OHIO
Westgate Chapel, a Christian and Missionary Church, is searching for a Senior Pastor to lead our congregation of over 1100 members and 1600 attendees. Westgate Chapel is a vibrant congregation located in a suburb of Toledo, Ohio with a focus on reaching the lost, discipling and building community and impacting our community for Christ. Qualifications for the position are listed below. Interested pastors can visit our web site (www.westgatechapel.org) to learn more about our Westgate Chapel. Resumes can be sent to Search Committee, c/o Mr. Steven C. Pereus, Westgate Chapel, 2500 Wilford Drive, Toledo, Ohio, 43615, or sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Is a born-again believer through faith in Jesus Christ, having made a personal profession of faith in Christ and has evidence of God’s call to ministry.
• Lives consistently with, and in commitment to, the requirements of an Elder as set forth in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
• Demonstrates a vital and growing relationship with Christ, is a man of prayer and the Word, and is a model of a Biblical pattern of life and leadership. In addition, he possesses and demonstrates a heart and love for God and His people.
• Shows evidence of control by the Holy Spirit in all aspects of his personal life and in the ministry of Westgate Chapel.
• Is convicted that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God and is passionate about conveying its truths in an uncompromising but loving manner.
• Is licensable by the Christian and Missionary Alliance and is in full agreement with the stated mission and purpose of the denomination.
• Possesses strong servant/leadership, teaching, discipleship, and administrative skills.
• Is in full agreement with the doctrinal statement of Westgate Chapel, will support the constitution and bylaws of Westgate Chapel, and will commit to the church’s stated mission and purpose.
• Is willing to handle conflict in a Biblical manner.
• Has previous experience in providing leadership in a pastoral ministry.
• Is in full agreement with the vision statement for Westgate Chapel, set forth by the Board of Elders, and will provide leadership for its design and implementation.
• Exhibits the fruit of the Spirit (Galations 5:22-23).
• Maintains discipline in his spiritual, personal, prayer, and family life.
• Will sustain an active prayer ministry on behalf of his staff and congregants.
• Exhibits warmth, friendliness, empathy, and sincerity.
• Is committed to local outreach, as well as national and international missions.
• Displays integrity in his personal and pastoral dealings.
• The senior pastor will be directly accountable to the Board of Elders. His staff is accountable to him and he will lead them in establishing, implementing, and promoting all ministries at Westgate Chapel.
Experience and Education
• At least 10 years ministry and pastoral experience
• Larger church experience ideal
• Minimum BS in Ministry or related degree preferred