This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Turning Point Church
NE Tacoma, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 07/12/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: under 50
Job Type: Part-Time
Turning Point Church is a new church-start in the North East Tacoma area. We are looking for a Worship leader to oversee the creative arts ministry of this new, multi ethnic church. The church does not yet have a permanent campus or worship center, but we are looking. Presently the church meets in rented facilities in NE Tacoma Elementary School.
Currently, only one service is being held on Sunday mornings at 10:00 a.m. We will be looking to start another service this year. The ideal candidate will have a passion for all types of worship and be able to lead a praise team, as well as a praise band.
The ideal candidate will not only be gifted vocally and instrumentally, but they will have a true pastor’s heart. Performance is great, but people are the key for us!
The ideal candidate will be able to answer “yes” to the following questions:
- Are you driven to lead others into God’s presence?
- Are you a leader with a pastor’s heart?
- Do you bleed community and love people?
- Are you an accomplished musician?
- Has God blessed you with a vocal gift that is affirmed by others?
• Recruit and provide leadership for the entire worship ministry:
- Praise bands, ensemble, vocal teams, special groups, tech teams
- Worship Ministry Staff
- Student Worship/Arts Director
- Children's Worship/Arts Director
- Drama and Graphics Coordinator
• Develop the musical potential of the membership by providing them on-going opportunities to be part of the worship ministry.
• Maximize the worship and creative arts potential for all services, planning celebrative and creative worship experiences.
• Oversee the presentation of special worship events during the holidays.
• Meet with the Lead Pastor each week for prayer, planning, and evaluation of previous worship events.
• Lead from a missional versus production perspective.
• Search for and assemble graphic and visual aids for all worship events.
• Provide leadership for those who minister within the worship ministry.
• Oversee and direct the Tech team, insuring proper lighting, sound, and visual effects are in order.
• Oversee and coordinate all practices with the Praise band and vocalists.
• Prepare all music, chord charts, CD’s and Praise team notebooks each week.
• Provide worship support and consultation to all age specific ministries.
• Use music as a means of outreach by providing various types of musical events.
• Model the Christian life both in public and in private.
• Recruit, train, and equip leaders of worship.
• Lead people into the process of becoming fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
• Assist the Lead Pastor in the overall ministry of the church.
• Develop a Worship Philosophy, Purpose, Vision, and Value statement, along with clear guidelines identifying praise team expectations.
Required Experience / Skills:
Experience leading the worship program
Experience leading, growing, and developing praise bands, vocal teams and musical groups.
A worship philosophy that recognizes that worship is not as much about methodology as it is a celebration of who God is and what He wants from us.
A history of working as part of a team - working closely with Lead pastor, senior staff, and the worship ministry.
Must be able to connect with a diversity of ages represented by the church's attenders. different races.
The ability to lead worship proficiently rather than perform.
Strong vocal ability with range, depth, and clarity in style and presentation.
Must have a good musical ear and the ability to help others learn parts.
Must have a strong work ethic and a passion for growth and strategic planning.
Must be well organized.
Must be deeply grounded in Christ
• If you believe God is calling you to be considered for this opportunity of beginning a new work in the area of Worship and Creative Arts in NE Tacoma please forward your resume', cover letter, and at least one recent CD or DVD demonstrating your skills as a Worship Pastor to Senior Pastor Lawrence Robertson at Po Box 24536 Federal Way WA 98093. Or call me at 360-649-8793