This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Leader/Media & Tech Director
LightHouse Christian Fellowship
Newbury Park, California, United States
Date Posted: 07/17/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Title: Worship Leader/Media & Technology Director
Job Status: Full Time
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Denomination: The Foursquare Church
LightHouse Christian Fellowship is located in Newbury Park, California, an affluent, white-collar, family-oriented community. Situated halfway between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, in the tree-dotted hills and scenic mountains of the Conejo Valley, the Pacific Ocean is just 12 miles away. The LightHouse is seeking a Worship Leader/Media & Technology Director who is innovative, energetic and passionate about leading people into the presence of God through music, drama, video and web-based mediums.
Job Statement/Job Description:
1. To participate as a leader with the team of faithful men and women called to provide to the flock of God called the LightHouse.
2. To coordinate the operations of the Worship and Media Ministries at the LightHouse in such a way as to facilitate the implementation of God’s vision for the body and to honor Him.
3. To facilitate the training of the volunteer members of the body of the church so as to multiply the effective application of service.
4. To faithfully steward the human, physical and financial assets of your particular arena of ministry.
5. To ensure the orderly, timely and accurate accomplishments of all tasks, duties and responsibilities assigned to the position
6. To be an extension of the Senior Pastor and in any and all matters he/she deems it advisable by his/her personal discretion.
7. Assist the Senior Pastor in oversight of the church.
8. A college degree (or equivalent certificate) is preferred but not limited to. Salary package commensurate with education and experience.
· Worship Department office administration.
· Drama Team Oversight.
· Oversee Christmas and Easter special services.
· Lead worship for three weekend services, and additional meetings as needed.
· Recruit and develop musicians and singers for worship teams.
· Administrate worship team scheduling, resourcing, etc.
· Maintain music library and licenses, subscriptions, online resources, etc. pertinent to the worship ministry.
· Write/arrange/chart music for teams.
· Organize special music for seasonal presentations, special events & services.
· Be available for serving at weddings and funerals.
2. Technical Ministries (Sound & Video)
· Recruit and develop technicians for the sound, video and lighting ministries.
· Administrate scheduling the tech teams for all services.
· Resource other ministries with sound and video when needed.
· Create videos for services (illustrations, announcements, Power Points, etc.).
· Maintain video library.
· Maintain technical equipment.
· Organize purchases of new equipment.
· Maintain the LightHouse network.
· Help staff members with computer problems.
· Make purchases of new equipment.
· Maintain, update and repair equipment and software as needed.
· Oversee the maintenance of the church web site.
· Worship Leading Experience.
· Ability to lead vocalists & musicians.
· Heart for missions.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems.
· Familiar with Mac & PC Operating Systems.
· Knowledge of video & editing production with Mac.
· Organizational skills.
· Socially sensitive.
· People skills.
· Flexible & teachable, open to guidance.
Contact: Mary Wanamaker
Address: LightHouse Christian Fellowship
ATTN: Mary Wanamaker
3353 Old Conejo Road
Newbury Park CA, 91320