This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Contemporary Worship Team Leader - Interim
First Presbyterian Church
Santa Rosa, California, United States
Date Posted: 07/10/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Part-Time
First Presbyterian Church of Santa Rosa
Contemporary Worship Team Leader
Interim Role: August 1, 2008 (preferred) through April 26, 2009 (9 months)
Purpose: To bring skillful leadership to the contemporary music at First Presbyterian Church of Santa Rosa, by planning, preparing, and leading the contemporary worship service with pastors, staff, and volunteer leaders; and advising the preparation and presentation of contemporary music for the other two blended-worship services.
Accountability: To the Session through its worship teams with direct supervision provided by the Pastor and Head of Staff.
· Plan, coordinate, and present music for the contemporary worship service.
· Search and select contemporary music to contribute to all worship services.
· Recruit, schedule, and rehearse musicians (such as: guitarists, keyboardists, percussionists, and vocalists) to lead contemporary music for worship.
· Assist in develo contemporary worship culture at First Presbyterian.
· Compile and maintain a constantly evolving collection of worship songs which are likable, sing-able, and worshipful.
· In conjunction with the Associate Pastor, provide a contemporary music worship weekly schedule and plan.
· Schedule and coordinate facility use (in conjunction with staff) for related contemporary music.
· As directed, attend pertinent staff related events.
· Professing and evident Christian commitment.
· Experienced combo musician (instrumental and/or vocal), skilled in leading and performing contemporary Christian music. Ability to read music, preferred.
· Effective organization and communication skills.
· Ability to work successfully with persons of diverse background and interests.
Salary: Position is 20 hours/week with the minimum wage starting at $18.83 per hour. Wage will be determined based on skills, education, and experience.