This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Black Rock Congregational Church
Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
Date Posted: 07/10/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Black Rock Church is a non-denominational, evangelical church in southern Connecticut, approximately 45 minutes from New York City. Its five worship services attract over 1500 to one of its four worship styles: Traditional, Contemporary, Next Gen and Gen-X. The Worship Director would join a highly motivated and dynamic Pastoral staff of 11.
The Worship Director will provide vision and direction to all music and worship ministries. This individual will discover, recruit and equip worship leaders, instrumentalist and vocalists for worship teams and ensembles for multiple worship styles at BRCC-Fairfield and at multi-site locations. The Worship Director will supervise multiple part-time worship leaders at Fairfield and all multi-sites and will shepherd and pastor the people involved in the music ministries. The Worship Director will direct the Choir and the Traditional Worship service.
We desire a person who has a minimum of five year experiences and has lead a worship ministry in a church of at least 500. The Worship Director must have a burning desire to impact southern New England with the Gospel. Further details and an application are available on our website. www.brcc.org
1. Shall maintain an intimate connection with God through spiritual disciplines such as prayer and Scripture study. Must be able to “pastor” and “shepherd” those involved in the Music Ministry
2. Shall insure that the visions and yearly objectives of the music and worship ministries are in accordance with the strategic plan of BRCC
3. Insure compliance with the musical standards in the traditional worship service, the choir, Christmas, Easter and other holiday services.
4. Manage and give oversight, usually through other part time Worship Directors, several styles of music both at BRCC-Fairfield and in all multi-site locations
5. Insure compliance with all worship standards, as specified by Senior Pastor, are met.
6. Direct the Choir and lead the Traditional Worship service.
7. Discover, recruit, develop and equip worship leaders at all BRCC locations
8. Discover, recruit, develop and equip instrumentalists and vocalists for worship teams and ensembles
9. Provide leadership to the drama and arts components of the worship services
10. Provide vision and direction for the Christmas and Easter musicals at all BRCC sites
11. Plan the holiday worship services, i.e. Christmas Eve, Holy Thursday, Thanksgiving
12. Insure a standard of excellence is maintained in all BRCC worship services
13.Prepare an annual budget and monitor expenses
14.Make recommendations to the Leadership Development Committee as to recruiting, training and pipeline development for both performing and Board roles
1. Preferably an undergraduate degree in music
2. Preferably three to five years of leading worship in a large church (500+)
3. Preferably ordained or capable of performing pastoral and shepherding functions within the music ministry.
1. Must be musically gifted with the ability to evaluate musical and instrumental talents
2. Must be able to multitask
3. Must be able to provide leadership and direction to all worship leaders both at BRCC-Fairfield and all multi-sites