This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Music-Instrumental
Colonial Heights Baptist Church
Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 07/10/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
We are seeking a full time Associate Minister of Music-Instrumental/Orchestra. This person must have a passion for band and orchestra music and can communicate a call to the ministry. Their experience and education should be primarily in the area of band and/or orchestra music. We have an established orchestra that has been in existence for over 20 years. We are looking for someone to take us to the next level as the church and music ministry continue to see tremendous growth. This person will also oversee the youth music ministry and the school of music.
Associate Minister of Music-Instrumental
* Church Orchestra (70%)
Direct orchestra rehearsals
o Recruit instrumentalists from within the church.
o Develop and implement a plan to reach instrumentalists in the community with the Gospel and bring them into the church.
o Minister to the needs of orchestra members
o Must have moderate arranging skills.
o Develop new instrumental ensembles such as woodwind, brass and string ensembles and a Gospel Big Band.
• Youth Music Program (20%)
o Provide oversight and direction to the youth choir and youth band.
• School of Music (10%)
(The School of Music currently has four teachers and over 100 students who take lessons on piano, voice, guitar and trumpet.)
o Recruit additional qualified Christian musicians to teach in the school of music.
o Provide assistance and direction to our Administrative Assistant who maintains the day to day operation of the school.
• Must be passionate about band and orchestra instrumental music.
• Must be able to express a call to the ministry.
• Must fit the Pastoral qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
• Experience in a similar position is preferred.
• Experience as the director of a school or church band or orchestra would also be advantageous.
• A bachelor degree or higher is preferred.
• Must be like minded in theology and approach to ministry. (Our preference is to have someone who has grown up and served on the staff of a strong conservative Southern Baptist Church.
A quick look at Colonial Heights Baptist Church
• Senior Pastor ` Dr. Randall Hahn (6 years)
• Minister of Music Rev. Scott Perkins (18 years)
• The church is aligned with the Southern Baptist Conservatives of Virginia (sbcv.org)
• Full time ministerial staff 8
• Average worship attendance 1800
• Average Bible Fellowship attendance 1000
• Adult Choir enrollment 150
• Adult Orchestra 30
• Two identical blended worship services on Sunday. (9:30 & 11:00)
• One Sunday night worship service on the second Sunday of each month at 6:00pm
• Choir and Orchestra rehearse separately on Tuesday night from 6:45-8:15pm
• The church relocated to a new facility on April 13, 2008.
o Worship center with state of art audio, lighting and video systems.
• Please visit our website for more information: www.chbaptist.com
• Colonial Heights Baptist is located 20 miles south of Richmond, Virginia in Chesterfield County. We are a regional church and draw people from many of the surrounding localities. God has blessed us greatly as we have seen tremendous growth.
• We have worshiped with a full orchestra for over 20 years. Our goal is to be diverse and have the ability to worship with many styles of music and do it with excellence. The orchestra accompanies all singing for all of our services.
Colonial Heights Baptist Church
231 Chesterfield Avenue
Colonial Heights, VA 23834
Scott Perkins, Minister of Music / 804-526-0424
www.chbaptist.com (church web site)