Administrative Assistant for Mission Outreach
Non-exempt, 24 hours/week, benefits
First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY, PLEASE
Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative support for the Associate Pastor and program staff of the Mission Outreach Department
• Maintain pastor’s calendar; screen mail and phone calls as requested
• Produce and distribute monthly electronic newsletter
• Maintain mission partner and event registrant databases
• Support international and local work teams, including financial tracking and travel arrangements
• Publish programs, newsletters, calendars, brochures, fliers, etc.
• Coordinate mailings
• Update program web pages
• Track expenditures and income, including check & reimbursement requests
• Schedule and communicate meetings and events
• Assist with event logistics include set-up, registration, publicity, materials, etc.
• General administrative support
• Supervise volunteer helpers
• Type memos and letters
• Maintain complete and current files
• Other duties as requested
Desired Skill Set
• Faith in Jesus Christ
• 2-3 years of administrative experience
• Ability to track the progress of multiple projects and prioritize as needed
• Attention to detail and follow through
• Strong communication skills; ability to interact with others in a relaxed and gracious manner
• Ability to be proactive in requesting information and following up on projects
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Internet Explorer, PageMaker or Publisher, document scanning applications, digital cameras and downloading applications.
• Familiarity with databases; knowledge of Shelby Systems highly desirable.
• Familiarity with web software or html desirable.
• Familiarity with basic bookkee nd financial statements
• Eagerness and ability to learn new software
Schedule: 24 hours/week, details to be arranged
Reports to: Associate Pastor for Mission Outreach
To Apply: Contact Bonnie Rauscher at (510) 848-6252 ext. 230 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
General and Ministry Staff AdministratorHarvest Bible Chapel West Minneapolis
- Maple Grove, Minnesota
- December 8
Ravi Zacharias Ministry International - Director of MarketingChurchology Staffing
- Norcross, Georgia
- December 7
PowerPoint Ministries Customer Service Coordinator & Administrative AssistantPrestonwood Baptist Church
- Plano, Texas
- December 6
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- November 29
Church SecretaryNew Hope Baptist Church
- Denver, Colorado
- November 25
First Presbyterian Church
We are a community thoughtfully engaged in our faith, embracing people of all ages, ethnicities, backgrounds, and circumstances. This is a place where questions can be asked, honest reflection is encouraged, creativity is cultivated, and where faith is not a formula, but a life lived. We seek to be engaged locally and around the world, to listen and to learn, to embody justice and compassion, and to share the love of Jesus Christ in tangible ways as we journey together. More...