PASTOR OF OUTREACH AND ASSIMILATION
GOAL Outreach and Assimilation Ministry – Equip others to share their faith through words and deeds in a way that leads people (here and around the world) to a relationship with Christ and a life-giving church.
The pastor will be responsible for establishing and developing the Outreach and Assimilation ministries at the church. The Pastor will develop and facilitate the vision, resources, ministry partners, communication avenues and other methods needed to reach people according to an Acts 1:8 strategy: “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” (NIV) This involves reaching people (locally and globally) who do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ or a life giving church, helping guests & new regular attendees connect, in meaningful ways to the life and ministry of Faith Community Church.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Pastor of Outreach and Assimilation shall be directly accountable to the Lead Pastor for ministry responsibilities and to the Executive Director for performance management, administrative and budget- related responsibilities.
MANAGEMENT: The Pastor of Outreach and Assimilation shall be a voting member of the Executive Ministry Council and shall manage all ministries related to Outreach and Assimilation.
- To work with the leadership of Faith Community Church to determine a vision, values and a plan that will accomplish the Outreach and Assimilation Goal.:
- Help develop a strategy that identifies, nurtures, supports and guides our Outreach Partners as they partner with Faith Community Church in planting or developing life-giving churches around the world
- Oversee the implementation of this Outreach strategy which will help the people of Faith Community Church develop direct relationships with our Outreach partners including the development of trips to support and work along our Outreach partners.
- Identify and develop service opportunities with local non-profit organizations who share our goal to bring relief to those who are suffering
- Develop and nurture our relationship with two key Outreach Ministries: World Vision and Barnabas Ministries.
- Oversee the developments of an Outreach strategy that mobilizes the people of Faith Community Church and coordinates our ministries in reaching the people in our communities with the Gospel
- To teach and model lifestyle evangelism to community groups, ministry leaders and all believers according to their spiritual maturity.
- To identify members with leadership potential and a passion for outreach and assimilation and to develop these persons for leadership roles within the this ministry
- To equip ministry partner leaders and ministry partners (using equipping principles) to serve with excellence as they carry out the goal of this ministry
- To teach / preach periodically
- Oversee the Assimilation Process that helps our guests connect in relationship with our church culminating in joining us as New Members.
- Oversee the Baptism responsibilities of our church.
- Outreach– must have proven track record in lifestyle evangelism and incorporating the spiritual practice of outreach into the process of making disciples. Must also demonstrate a passion for the global mission of the church.
- Management experience – must have previous experience administering, overseeing, and directing the business and people resources of a ministry, non-profit or business division, department or workgroup.
- Team Leadership and Equipping ministry partners proven track record in creating and equipping ministry teams and mobilizing people to reach out to others to make disciples and baptize them
- Group experience - Has personally experienced small group community for at least three years and must be able to communicate the value of community in his own life
- Effective teaching and preaching skills as demonstrated through specific examples
EDUCATION - The successful candidate will at minimum hold a Master’s degree in theology or biblical studies from an accredited college or university. A Masters of Divinity is preferred but not required.
QUALITIES, CHARACTERISTICS AND SKILLS
- Committed follower of Christ exhibiting spiritual gifts of leadership, administration and pastor/ teaching
- Teamwork and team leadership–works in partnership with other leaders, staff members and ministry partners to implement the overall mission of the church and is committed to helping Faith Community Church reach people around us to connect into the life of the church. Also has the ability to develop teams and empower people.
- Strategic thinking –Needs the ability to think strategically about the development, planning and implementation of an Outreach Ministry model that is compatible with a church of over 1000 people
- Initiative – Independently suggests actions that promote success and options for solving problems
- Effective communication –must be able to cast a vision for an Outreach Ministry and to inspire action and passion in others by clearly articulating a plan for its implementation.
- Process coordination–required to provide leadership in developing and systematically implementing an outreach focused church, managing the systems that are put in place, insuring information is updated and reported and will be responsible for the proposal of and adherence to Outreach and Assimilation Ministry’s annual budget
- Introducing others to Christ
- Developing life-giving churches that effectively reach people with the Gospel
- Connecting people into the body of Christ so they develop a relationship with Jesus
- Christ Centered
- Lifelong student of scripture
- Responsive to God’s calling
- Godly role model
- Flexible and adaptive to change
- Understanding of spiritual authority
Applications for this pastoral care opportunity may be forwarded in confidence to:
Veda Henderson, Executive Director of Faith Community Church by email at
email@example.com (please put “Outreach and Assimilation Pastor” in the subject line)
Job Title: Pastor / Director
Time Type: Full Time
Job Category: Director Salaried
Church Denomination: Non-denominational Evangelical
Worship Style: Contemporary
Church Size: 750 - 1000
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate/Worship PastorDupont Church of the Brethren
- Dupont, Ohio
- January 17
Waterbury Campus PastorFaith Church
- New Milford, Connecticut
- January 17
Associate PastorEaton First Church of God
- Eaton, Ohio
- January 16
High School PastorMcKinney Memorial Bible Church
- Fort Worth, Texas
- January 16
Associate Pastor: Next Gen & WorshipCommunity Church of Hudson
- Hudson, Iowa
- January 16
Faith Community Church of Hopkinton
The Faith Community Church of Hopkinton is a thriving non-denominational evangelical Christian church with a weekend attendance of 1000 with a commitment to seeing lives transformed through Jesus Christ. Our desire is to guide people to a deeper relationship with Christ and a greater love for others.More...