Summary of Position:
The Director of Communication Arts (CommArts) is a results-oriented, dynamic and well-connected communications expert who is able to maintain and further a multi-dimensional communications program. He/she will focus on business processes, outsourcing and technology and is responsible for developing, directing and overseeing “the look” of all print, web, and digital output mediums. This person will not only be able to see “the big picture” but also have an overall understanding of the direction Woodmen Valley Chapel (WVC) is moving to allow for the placement of systems to prepare WVC for the future. This full-time position reports to the Director of the Office of the Senior Pastor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Content Development
- Develops and maintains high-powered messaging points to be used in collateral material, presentations and proposals
- Develops and coordinates all information content of church website in conjunction with other department heads
- Develops content for brochures and mailers
- Stays abreast of current trends in print/web/mobile-design to ensure WVC is on the cutting edge of technology and producing culturally relevant designs
- Writes and produces flyers, invitations and other advertisements for events, etc.
- Develops and maintains internal communications program using email and internal website in conjunction with IT Team
- Works with IT to oversee the technology of email, web, etc.
- Writes and directs the production of special communication projects, i.e. surveys, focus groups, displays, audio and video programs
- Works with Worship Arts on weekend graphics, etc.
- Works with Worship Arts on creative collaboration for various events
- Works with ministry leaders/directors to brainstorm program direction and suggest campaign implementation (i.e., VBS, Students Winter Camp, Still Waters for Her, etc.)
- Works with Facilities Team to display campus signage and choose paint colors for campus’ rooms
- Tracks response rates and results from all communication campaigns
- Works with the Senior/Executive Pastors and other leadership on the development of a comprehensive communications plan for WVC
- Suggests promotional campaign ideas in various types of media, as well as councils the Senior/Executive Pastors and other leadership on effective communication strategies
- Highlights issues and/or obstacles that stand in the way of attaining the strategy and/or impacting an on-schedule or on-budget completion of a communication campaign
- Handles purchase of media (PSAs, newspaper ads, etc.) for special events
- Stays current on social media venues and how WVC can participate in them (i.e., mobile technology, iPhone applications, email marketing, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Steers the branding/rebranding of WVC and its ministries
- Oversees design and custom orders apparel and other promotional items for the various events of WVC ministries
- Supervises the CommArts Department
- Other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field or proven ability to provide communications solutions and manage a communications team
- 5+ years of experience in Communications or a related field preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate on the level of senior leadership and with information systems professionals
- Energetic, with strong business acumen
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly and clearly write content for print, web, etc.
- Established media contacts, particularly in the Colorado Springs area; ability to vet media mediums not helpful to WVC
- Experience with similar-size church or para-church organizations desirable
- Self-motivated and independent; able to work with minimal supervision; works well with all types of professionals and staff
- Polished presentation and interpersonal skills required for representing WVC in diverse environments
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OS; proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite required
- An ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated through regular prayer, Bible study and worship attendance
- Observable evidence that this individual has a healthy family life. If married, his/her spouse must be a believer, supportive of his/her ministry and involved in the church. If single, this individual will display and uphold high moral biblical standards in his/her interpersonal relationships.
- A member or regular attendee of WVC who supports its vision and values through the giving of time and tithes
- Ability to lift and carry 35 pounds
- Reliable transportation to travel between campuses and to vendors, etc.
- Ability to attend evening and weekend meetings and events, as needed
Download application from http://www.woodmenvalley.org/index.cfm/PageID/179/index.html and submit with current résumé to Sonja Haas, Woodmen Valley Chapel, 290 E Woodmen Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80919.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Ravi Zacharias Ministry International - Director of MarketingChurchology Staffing
- Norcross, Georgia
- December 7
Graphic Design and Marketing CoordinatorPreston Hollow Presbyterian Church
- Dallas, Texas
- December 1
Director of CommunicationsWalnut Street UMC
- Chillicothe, Ohio
- December 1
Graphic DesignerGrace Christian Center
- Killeen, Texas
- November 29
Executive Pastor Creative Arts and ConnectionsMedford First Church of the Nazarene
- Medford, Oregon
- November 29
Woodmen Valley Chapel
Woodmen Valley Chapel was founded in 1981 as a nondenominational, evangelical fellowship of believers.
Today, we strive to be an authentic community where people can experience God, be encouraged in their spiritual journey and empowered for service as they entrust a legacy to others.More...