This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Christ's Church on t
Parker, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 10/22/2008
Categories: Senior Pastor
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
CHRIST’S CHURCH ON THE RIVER
Purpose: To lead Christ’s Church on the River to a deeper understanding of following Christ, and to make Christ known in our community
The senior pastor is to be the spiritual leader of the church by:
• Proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ
• Teaching the Bible
• Setting and maintaining the vision and direction of the church
• Nurturing and equipping leaders
• Modeling the grace and love of God
• Working with the church staff and lay leadership
Responsibilities will include:
• Pray for, serve and provide spiritual leadership for the Christ’s Church on the River, and for the community
• Serve as the primary biblical preacher/teacher
• Refine and communicate the vision, mission and strategies that will shape the priorities at the Church.
• Prepare and give sermons that are relevant, inspirational and challenging to help the congregation understand and learn how to apply God’s word to their lives
• Participate in planning with church staff, worship team, small groups, church leadership, and other ministries.
• Care for the spiritual and physical life of the congregation through
Other life events
• Build up and encourage Staff Members, Board Members and Lay Leaders, in
order to empower them for service so that they can equip others for service
• Provide spiritual direction and encouragement, and work with the Steering
Committee and ministry team leaders.
• Work in Partnership with the Church Staff and ministry leaders to:
Develop programs that minister to all ages
Serve in capacity as Chief Administrator of the paid church staff
Conduct performance evaluations on paid church staff yearly
Work with the associate pastor and Steering Committee on any issues
Lead weekly pastoral staff meetings and maintain regular communication with staff members in the daily operations of the church.
Be engaged in ongoing personal and professional development.
• Bachelors Degree from an accredited Christian College
• 5+ years experience as a Senior Pastor
• Purpose Driven
• Experience working with a church congregation of approximately 70-150 people.
• Staff management experience
• Ability to recruit and train leaders
• Servant leader
• Great people skills
About Christ’s Church on the River (CCOR)
CCOR is an independent, Non-Denominational Christian Church, located along the Colorado River, 7
from Parker, AZ. We are a Purpose Driven Church, and a congregation that consists of full time residents as well as a number of weekend and winter visitors. We currently have 1 full time Associate Minister whose main outreach is Youth. CCOR has a number of different ministries including several small groups, woman’s ministry, Celebrate Recovery, weeknight Bible studies, jail ministry, and…
We believe the Bible is the Word of God, and that our purpose for existing is to bring people to Christ as well as to build them up in their faith, train them for ministry and to send them out into the world as witnesses, all for the glory of God.
We participate in the taking of the Lord’s Supper every Sunday, baptism by immersion, and in a personal relationship with the Lord which compels us to share our faith with all people and to live a life in which we walk according to our faith in the Lord.
Salary: $40,000 per year plus $6000 benefit package
For more information
Resumes should be sent to email@example.com