This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Operations
Sugar Creek Baptist Church
Sugar Land, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 06/17/2011
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 7501 to 10000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Pastor of Operations is responsible to assist the Pastor of Administration in the overall division of Administration of Sugar Creek Baptist Church and to lead the church toward a highly efficient level of operations.
The Pastor of Operations serves at the Director Staff level. Under the direction of the Pastor of Administration, he will be expected to make himself available for ministry opportunities with ministers of other divisions in the spirit of teamwork on any other projects deemed appropriate and offer his time, skills, and gift sets as they apply toward the ongoing welfare and edification of the church.
SPIRITUAL AND PERSONAL
• Maintains a life of personal spiritual development and accountability, which would include 1) being an active member of Sugar Creek Baptist Church, 2) who faithfully attends corporate worship, and 3) is faithfully active in a small group bible fellowship. This is the preference of S.C.B.C., however, there may be a rare exception to this requirement where a Professional Staff member may be allowed to be a member in good standing in another local evangelical church. This exception would need to be approved by the Sr. Pastor and/or Personnel.
• Take advantage of appropriate opportunities to spiritually train and lead constituency
• Make your spouse and family your priority by striking an appropriate balance between ministry requirements and a Biblical family focus
• Refrain from any social or private behavior considered or interpreted as unbecoming a Christian and a devoted follower of Christ
• Support Sugar Creek Baptist Church by giving the tithe and offering
RELATIONSHIP TO THE CHURCH, PASTOR AND STAFF
• Practices a philosophy of following pastoral leadership.
• Loyalty to the church, Senior Pastor, his supervisor and fellow staff members.
• Is a team player. Demonstrates the desire and ability to help make other staff successful.
• Relates well to others on a professional and relational level.
SKILL SETS AND EXPERIENCE EXPECTED
• Have an in-depth knowledge, education, and or experience in the Human Resource field that can be applied effectively in the church arena.
• Have personnel administration skills that should include communication, diplomacy, and the ability to motivate and inspire in a positive fashion.
• Have the ability to coordinate all of his responsibilities into a smooth running, responsive support system for the ministries of our office to accomplish the mission of the church.
• Have experience in strategic planning.
• Have an ongoing personal and professional growth plan for development.
• To create and oversee a vision for excellence for each ministry area under his charge.
• To build a superior working environment.
• To maintain a standard in financial operations within his given area of responsibility.
• To develop and expand a highly effective “front door” Guest Relations Ministry.
• To develop, implement, and maintain a high level of quality in all human resources.
• To oversee the annual pricing and purchasing of the church’s property related insurances.
• To provide vision and supervision for quality operations of the church’s book store and cafe
• To develop and oversee all levels of security for the church.
• To assist the Finance Director leading a volunteer Teller ministry for the Finance Department.
• To build teams of Ministry Partners carrying out the work in all his areas of ministry responsibility.
GUEST RELATIONS MINISTRY
• Coordination for Guest Relations Ministry:
On going recruitment/training/weekly communications with Guest Relations volunteers;
Oversight for the weekly email notice sent to Hosts;
Primary coordination for all Welcome Center, Door Hosts, Worship Center, Usher Hosts, ABF
Escort Hosts, and Parking Hosts
Coordinate with the Facilities Director, Shuttles/Transportation systems; vehicles, equipment,
drivers, routes, signage, set up, and payroll for Sunday hired personnel.
Coordinate security for Sunday and weekday activities as needed; campus video surveillance;
security volunteers; all uniformed police officers for Sundays and special events traffic
• Monday Tellering Teams;
Assist the Finance Director in recruiting/training/leading weekly tellering operations with vols.
and Finance Office
HUMAN RESOURCE MINISTRY
• Primary responsibility includes employee recruiting, training, placement, benefits, performance evaluations, and government regulations, management and oversight for all personnel issues including payroll and of personnel files, and serving as a resource to all ministry areas in issues of personnel. The position also assists in managing employee disputes or conflicts in the work environment, develo nd implementing new employee orientation as well as conducting exit interviews for employees leaving the church. This position will have the responsibility of working with the Pastor and Team Leader Staff to develop and implement all personnel policies as well as an Employee Personnel Handbook along with other related material and training.
RESOURCE CENTER – CAFÉ - RECEPTIONISTS
• The Pastor of Operations will be responsible for developing vision, procedures, and policies to implement in these areas to ensure that the church’s Resource Center, Café, and phone receptionists areas run with integrity and excellence.
PROPERTY INSURANCE MANAGEMENT
• The Pastor of Operations is responsible for development and management of the church’s annual property insurance needs. This will include securing competitive quotes on a periodic basis and handle all workman’s comp claims as they arise.
BUILD A THRIVING MINISTRY PARTNER-BASED ADMINISTRATION MINISTRY
• The Pastor of Operations is responsible to build a ministry structure that recruits, trains and effectively manages the Ministry Partner ministry of our church as it relates to all areas under his responsibility.
• Establishes a ministry structure that provides maximum opportunity for participation from church members in the Administrative areas of the church.
• Leads in such a way as to unleash their potential.
SPECIAL PROJECTS/EVENTS MANAGEMENT
• Effectively organizes and oversees special events as assigned by the Pastor of Administration.
• Conducts evaluation of the special events after completion and makes recommendations for improvement.
• Participate in and when appropriate lead SCBC members on an annual mission trip.