Job Title: Pastor of Congregational Shepherding, Nurture, and Care
Summary: Responsible for working with others to lead Believers’ Chapel in fulfilling the Great Commission and achieving the realization of the Believers' Chapel Blueprint. Specifically this pastoral leader will provide and facilitate loving spiritual nurture. This pastoral leader will shepherd people through meeting spiritual, relational, emotional, and material needs. This pastoral leader will provide and facilitate care for individuals and families. This position specifically exists to accomplish growth results in these primary areas:
- Pastoral Ministry – Loving, Shepherding, Preaching, Leading, Benevolences.
- Counsel – Personal and Family issues, Emergencies, Recovery, Spirituality.
- Pastoral Visitation – Hospital, Home, Elderly, Needy.
- Leading – Supervising teams and volunteers, governmental tasks, authority.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serving as a pastor in relating to people with the love of Christ. Making disciples and growing mature disciples through interacting with people. Counseling, preaching, teaching, leading, loving, visiting, encouraging, and equipping people.
- Team leader for teams and volunteers related to care ministries including recruiting, organizing, training, relating, evaluating, and motivating team members. Exercising biblical and spiritual authority as delegated. Participating in governmental leadership as requested.
- Training others in care ministry. Multiplying personal efforts and abilities through others.
- Establishing a successful system of ministry for weddings, funerals, and church ordinances of water baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- Provide systems for promoting spiritual, relational and emotional health.
Organizational Relationships: This is a senior leadership position. This position is directly responsible to the Senior Pastor. Primary workload allocation and supervision will be made by the Senior Pastor. Only as specially arranged will this position be directed by other individuals. This position reports directly and periodically to the Senior Pastor.
Training and Development: This position requires a period of on-the-job training. This will include orientation to the position and training in specific requirements. There is also a period of adjustment and evaluation. After initial training, the successful person will engage in continuous education and development for personal and skill improvement.
Qualifications: This position requires the following set of personal qualities. This pastoral leader is a five-fold minister. This person will have the gift and call of a pastor. This person will also have gifting to serve in oversight and governmental capacities. This person will be trained, educated, and developed as a minister to be ready to serve as an effective pastor with a high level of ability, skill, and knowledge. A Bible College, Seminary, or Graduate School education, or the equivalent, is required. This position requires a high level of personal, relational, and spiritual maturity.
- Firm foundation established in relationship with Christ including relationship with Jesus as savior, relationship with Jesus as lord evidenced by water baptism as a believer, relationship with Jesus as baptizer in the Holy Spirit, relationship with Jesus as soon-coming king, and relationship with Jesus inside as evidenced by the practices of spiritual disciplines.
- Ability to lead others to Christ evidenced by significant past success and ability to make, grow, and mature disciples.
- Growing spirituality, maturity, and giftedness in Christ that is in line with the Believers' Chapel Blueprint, Believers' Chapel statement of faith, the leadership of Believers' Chapel and specifically with the activities associated with this position.
- Ability to lead teams of individuals and volunteers to accomplishment.
- Ability to recruit, train, organize, and motivate others.
- Ability to plan ahead for events and activities, and successfully execute those plans.
- Emotionally and relationally able to connect successfully with a wide range of people.
- Creative and expressive in thought and communication.
- Ability to exercise self-control and initiative to work independently.
Qualified individuals may contact:
Mike Webster at Believers’ Chapel
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive PastorThe Meeting House
- Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- January 23
Associate PastorPeace Lutheran Church
- Hazen, North Dakota
- January 22
Associate Pastor - 1738MinisterSearch
- Beautiful Boston suburb, Massachusetts
- January 20
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- January 19
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19