Have you ever dreamed about being on a leadership team that drives towards creatively bringing the Kingdom of God here on earth? Do you long to be on a team that pushes each other towards excellence? Does being a part of a team that models authenticity
and grace appeal to you? Are you a natural born leader who isn't afraid of the stage? If so, you may be just what we are looking for.
What we are looking for in a Worship & Arts Pastor:
- An imperfect but growing follower of Christ.
- Someone who is a passionate worshipper.
- A leader of leaders. Not just an artist.
- Someone who leads out of his or her own story.
- Someone who is constantly willing to better/research his or her craft.
- Someone who is fanatical about embracing the vision of NC.
- Someone who is innovative and creative and wants the freedom to try new things.
- The word “can’t” doesn’t fit in your vocabulary.
- A proven and self-motivated leader that has the ability to train, equip, and build teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Someone who is at the top of the class both vocally and with the guitar (writing and composing original worship music is not required but a big bonus).
- Someone who stays current with popular music trends, both Christian and secular.
- Someone who can maintain a healthy spiritual balance of work and rest.
- Someone who can be open and transparent with the other staff team members; admit struggles and fears; encourage; deal with conflict in an authentic, healthy, and direct manner.
What you’ll be doing:
Volunteer Team Development
- Recruit and develop teams of volunteers to use their gifts in the area of worship (leading, singing, playing, instruments, and support).
- Lead and shepherd the creative arts teams while fostering a sense of community and trust among them.
- Coordinate leaders and volunteers in the area of technology support including sound, lighting, stage design, and video.
Creative Service Design
- Use multiple art forms/creative elements to enhance the worship experience and engage the church family. Lead a creative planning process with your team.
- Primary worship leader for our Sunday services. Design and lead worship services as needed (Christmas Eve, Worship nights, Student Worship Teams).
Champion a Culture of Transformational Worship
- Facilitate the church family’s participation of authentic worship.
- Teach the church family to worship Monday through Saturday.
- Build the value of worship as a gathered body.
- Whole-heartedly participate as part of the staff team, participating as needed in relevant staff meetings, events, and programs.
- Propose and oversee the annual worship arts budget at NC.
**A more detailed job description will be tailored around the person’s character, gifts, and talents who is the right fit for the team.
For consideration please submit your resume and links to video samples of you leading worship to Kelly Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail to Neighborhood Church, 5505 W. Riggin Rd, Visalia, CA 93291. No phone calls please. Also, do not apply
More about Neighborhood
Neighborhood is a church of about 1500 in weekly attendance. Our mission is to be a community of love for God, people, and the world. That’s accomplished by helping people take their next steps toward Jesus Christ together. We resource families and train
leaders with a passion to serve others where they are gifted so that our city and world are blessed in restorative and unimaginable ways. Neighborhood is located in Visalia (population= 130K), in the heart of central California only a couple hours from LA,
the Bay Area, the mountains, and the beach. Check us out at
ncvisalia.com for more info.