EastLake is a simple, strategic, results oriented church focused on reaching people over keeping people. Perhaps God is calling you to work with Lead Pastor Ryan Meeks and Director of Finance Sarah Nienaber on staff at EastLake Church.
Find out if you’re an ideal candidate by answering these questions for yourself:
- Are you passionate about helping to develop an environment where people can come to hear about the hope that is in Christ and desire to work behind the scenes to make this happen?
-Do you have a high view of 'serving as part of discipleship'? Do you have a history of personally serving the church?
-Can you establish big picture goals, AND see these goals through with execution of details?
-Do you have experience leading high-level leaders and oversight of staff?
?-Can you function on a team where change is rapid and work is evaluated on performance?
-Can you be a self-motivated starter who can function productively in a mobile office setting?
Financial Statement Review:
- Perform detailed analysis of: Balance Sheet, Statement of Net Income, Statement of Net Assets, and Statement of Cash Flows.
- Maintain summaries of significant balance sheet accounts such as: Cash, Investments, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Accrued Liabilities, and Debt.
- Perform detailed variance analytics of financial statements in whole, and individual accounts.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and present to Finance Director for review.
Financial Statement Reporting:
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Prepare all schedules required for both quarterly and annual audits.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for EastLake Leadership team.
- Be able to create ad hoc financial reports as needed.
Internal Control & System Development:
- Document, analyze, and recommend improvements to existing internal controls.
- Continually strive for constant and never ending improvement in all areas of the accounting system.
Value Add Partner to Staff
- Manage payroll through third party payroll service.
- Manage employee expense reimbursement process.
- Develop relationship with independent accounting firm.
- Add value to staff by obtaining expertise in existing finance systems such as: payroll, and expense reimbursement and be available to address a myriad of staff questions.
- Membership at EastLake Church or at your local church
- Currently serving on a volunteer team at EastLake or at your local church
- Faithful history of tithing at EastLake or your local church
If this is you, we want to talk to you! Please follow the application instructions:
1. Take some tests: (links to test are on jobs page, www.eastlakecc.com/jobs)?
a) Strengthsfinder 2.0?Purchase and read the book and take the test. Don’t buy a used book - the code to take the test is only valid for a single use.?
b) DISC Leadership Profile?Pay online, click through any browser warnings - no worries it's all good.?
c) Myers Briggs Assessment ?
2. Self discovery: Complete the Work History and Self Assessment form. Make sure to include the results from the tests completed in step 1. ?
3. Assemble your application packet. Your finished application packet should include the following:?
a) Resume including at least 3 references?
b) Work History and Self Assessment form including test scores
4. Send it in! Make sure you’ve completed each of the steps. Please, send to email@example.com