This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
High School Youth Pastor
Washington Heights Baptist Church
Ogden, Utah, United States
Date Posted: 05/13/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Washington Heights Church is located along the picturesque Wasatch Mountains of northern Utah, the setting for the 2002 Winter Olympics. Northern Utah offers endless recreational opportunities including: skiing, boating, fishing, golf, hiking, mountain biking, camping and about anything you can imagine. Historically, Washington Heights has been an example of the power of God to allow Biblical Christianity to thrive in the unique Utah culture. If you have a passion to reach High School Youth (grades 10-12) for Christ, this could be your “dream come true.”
Washington Heights envisions people all along the Wasatch Front experiencing together God’s grace and transforming power… one life at a time as we partner with a network of like-minded churches.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
• Committed follower of Jesus who is Biblically grounded and continually growing.
• Effective in developing relationships and successfully communicating with young people, parents, church leadership and staff.
• Ability to create an environment of respect, accountability, and the wisdom to discipline as needed.
• Ability to integrate cultures and sub-cultures within the youth and build bridges to the unique Utah culture.
• A gifted speaker and teacher who is able to articulate God’s Word.
• A strong passion for teens and families.
• A heart for worship, intercession and equipping youth for service.
• A teachable spirit and willing to learn under godly leaders.
• Proven developer of servant leaders and ability to delegate responsibly.
• Ability to effectively plan and organize events.
• A willingness to plan and be accountable for the high school ministry budget.
• Loves to have fun!
• Preferably Biblically-based education through college or seminary.
• Proven track record in Christian ministry, preferably in youth ministry.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TIME REQUIREMENTS:
• Requires minimum of 40 hours per week (not including Sundays).
• Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
• Employment is on an “at will” basis.