This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Adult Discipleship and Mission
Trinity United Presbyterian Church
Santa Ana, California, United States
Date Posted: 06/05/2008
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Trinity United Presbyterian Church of Santa Ana
Director of Adult Discipleship and Mission
Department: Adult Discipleship and Mission
Reports to: Bill Ditewig, Minister of Adult Discipleship and Mission
Working under the direction of the Minister of Adult Discipleship and Mission, the Director will help adult disciples at Trinity grow both in number and in depth of their spiritual walk.
• Community - Create “On-Ramps” to the Trinity community which are ongoing “name-knowing” fellowship opportunities that meet regularly and reach a range of adult ages, giving special attention to age groups where Trinity lacks ministry focus. Oversee and support adult Sunday School programs, with special focus on the Voyagers (20’s and 30’s) class. Support and oversee Men’s, Women’s, Marriage, MOPs, Crown and Bible Study Fellowship ministries at Trinity.
• Covenant - Bring strategy, vision, organization and intentionality to small group formation, working toward the vision of having every member of the Trinity community be fully integrated in an on-going small group. Regularly train, support and acknowledge small group leaders. Assist in identifying curriculum as needed. Occasionally serve as guest teacher for small group gatherings. Organize, develop and maintain an ongoing sermon-based small group program.
• Consecration – Create programs, devotional materials, training and encouragement for adults to practice daily quiet time and prayer with God.
• Christian Education – Create a well-defined curriculum with tracks to help adults grow in their knowledge and application of God’s Word to their lives.
1) Develop a fully integrated system of classes for adults to increase the congregation’s biblical knowledge, theological acumen, and ability to integrate those with relevant life situations. Maintain a special focus on growth of post-Alpha programs to boost retention of developing or new Christians.
2) Plan and oversee all details for periodic CE programs including, but not limited to: Keynote Series, Raitt Series, and weeknight and Sunday class offerings.
3) Develop and maintain relationships with speakers, build a network of local resources.
4) Support existing adult Sunday School classes and stay in regular contact with class leaders.
5) Create a vision and strategy for adult devotional and educational materials including the library.
• Call - Support the oversight, promotion and development of Community Ministry, World Mission and Empowerment ministries. Help Trinity disciples grow by helping them discover and serve in these vital ministries.
• Strengthen cross-ministry focus at Trinity working across ministries and departments to reach people and grow disciples, such as a joint parenting program with the Family Ministries Team.
• Oversee development of materials and methods for communicating availability of adult offerings and programs.
• Attend appropriate workshops, meetings, and conferences as determined in conjunction with supervisor
• Manage budget for Adult Discipleship
• Strong personal faith in the triune God.
• Loves Jesus Christ, loves people and has a desire to share their personal relationship with Christ with others.
• Passion for adult discipleship and outreach.
• Proven and effective bible teacher and leader of adults.
• Proven ability to recruit, train, and encourage both volunteers and staff.
• Awareness of a broad range of adult Christian education curriculum and materials.
• Experience in curriculum creation and review.
• Experience and ability to create ministry frameworks and then organize and follow through on details.
• An understanding and commitment to the Reformed tradition and Reformed theology.
• Ability to work independently with little direction.
Education and Experience:
• Three years of experience in Christian Education work.
• An M.Div. or M.A. in theology or Bible in progress or completed is preferred.
Applicants are encouraged to submit resume or PIF with an attached cover letter to: