The Adult Ministries Pastor oversees and directs the Adult Ministries teams that includes Growth Groups, Men’s, Women’s, Celebrate Recovery, New Believers, Financial Peace University, College, Pastoral Care and Missions. As a member of the Lead Team, this
position also participates in decision-making, leadership, and strategy development for the entire church.
- Lead by example, cultivating a positive spirit throughout the church family.
- Represent Christ and His church effectively in the community-at-large.
- Bring alignment and synergy between the Adult Ministries areas and the overall mission/guiding principles for the church, resulting in a unity of purpose and direction.
- Manage, invest in, support and develop the Adult Ministries staff and volunteers.
- Build consensus, coordination, and integration throughout the Adult Ministries teams, and between these ministries and other areas of the church.
- Actively participate on the Lead Team and contribute to strategy development and implementation to move the church toward a desired future.
STRATEGIC PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Provide guidance to staff and volunteers in their planning, implementation, and evaluation of strategic goals for their respective ministry.
- Design clear courses of action and implementation steps with measureable goals.
- Implement systems, processes, and policies for Adult Ministries that support and align with overall church policies and protocols.
- Enforce adherence to organizational structure, policies and procedures.
- Process information along with organizational/situational changes and adjust strategies and action steps as necessary.
- Manage the budget planning and monitoring process for all areas within Adult Ministries.
- Ensure good stewardship of human and fiscal resources.
- Oversee the annual job performance reviews for all Adult Ministries areas.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated success in leading teams.
- Demonstrated ability to DEFINE present reality, DREAM the future for Adult Ministries, and DESGIGN a pathway to reach it.
- High-level of competency in strategic planning and implementation, project management, organizational structure, and relational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent relationship skills and flexibility to deal with a variety of personalities and situations, including ability to serve as a role model for entire staff.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change and spontaneity while using good time management skills.
REQUIRED MINISTRY QUALIFICATIONS
- 10-years full-time ministry experience.
- Ability to articulate the following, in writing:
- Philosophy of ministry and strategy and steps that properly reflect that philosophy.
- Demonstrate C4 Leadership:
- Calling: Clearly articulate Calling to ministry.
- Competency: Demonstrate ability to (1) Model the Way; (2) Inspire a Shared Vision; (3) Challenge the Process; (4) Enable Others to Act; and (5) Encourage the Heart.
- Commitment: Clearly articulate Commitment to the leader God called you to be and Commitment to the vision, mission and guiding principles of Rock Point Church.
- Character: Demonstrate a life of Character.
REQUIRED CRITICAL SKILLS, TRAINING and EDUCATION
- Ministry-related undergraduate degree and/or seminary degree
- Working knowledge of computers and proficiency in software programs including Microsoft Office and use of the Internet.
- 3-years of experience in a church of 1,500+.
- Ability to preach/teach in a large-group setting.
- This position consists mostly of sedentary work with some light lifting.
PERSONAL LIFE REQUIREMENTS (POST HIRE)
- A consistent personal devotional life.
- Become covenant member of Rock Point Church.
- Regular worship service attendance with your family.
- Model biblical family life before the body.
- Model biblical integrity and conduct personal life in a manner consistent with RPC values.
- Model biblical community and be involved in TRIO.
- Faithfully tithe.
To apply, please send current resume and philosophy of ministry statement.