The Adult Ministries Pastor oversees and directs the Adult Ministries teams that includes Growth Groups, Men’s, Women’s, Celebrate Recovery, New Believers, Financial Peace University, College, Pastoral Care and Missions. As a member of the Lead Team, this position also participates in decision-making, leadership, and strategy development for the entire church.
- Lead by example, cultivating a positive spirit throughout the church family.
- Represent Christ and His church effectively in the community-at-large.
- Bring alignment and synergy between the Adult Ministries areas and the overall mission/guiding principles for the church, resulting in a unity of purpose and direction.
- Manage, invest in, support and develop the Adult Ministries staff and volunteers.
- Build consensus, coordination, and integration throughout the Adult Ministries teams, and between these ministries and other areas of the church.
- Actively participate on the Lead Team and contribute to strategy development and implementation to move the church toward a desired future.
STRATEGIC PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Provide guidance to staff and volunteers in their planning, implementation, and evaluation of strategic goals for their respective ministry.
- Design clear courses of action and implementation steps with measureable goals.
- Implement systems, processes, and policies for Adult Ministries that support and align with overall church policies and protocols.
- Enforce adherence to organizational structure, policies and procedures.
- Process information along with organizational/situational changes and adjust strategies and action steps as necessary.
- Manage the budget planning and monitoring process for all areas within Adult Ministries.
- Ensure good stewardship of human and fiscal resources.
- Oversee the annual job performance reviews for all Adult Ministries areas.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated success in leading teams.
- Demonstrated ability to DEFINE present reality, DREAM the future for Adult Ministries, and DESGIGN a pathway to reach it.
- High-level of competency in strategic planning and implementation, project management, organizational structure, and relational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent relationship skills and flexibility to deal with a variety of personalities and situations, including ability to serve as a role model for entire staff.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change and spontaneity while using good time management skills.
REQUIRED MINISTRY QUALIFICATIONS
- 10-years full-time ministry experience.
- Ability to articulate the following, in writing:
- Philosophy of ministry and strategy and steps that properly reflect that philosophy.
- Demonstrate C4 Leadership:
- Calling: Clearly articulate Calling to ministry.
- Competency: Demonstrate ability to (1) Model the Way; (2) Inspire a Shared Vision; (3) Challenge the Process; (4) Enable Others to Act; and (5) Encourage the Heart.
- Commitment: Clearly articulate Commitment to the leader God called you to be and Commitment to the vision, mission and guiding principles of Rock Point Church.
- Character: Demonstrate a life of Character.
REQUIRED CRITICAL SKILLS, TRAINING and EDUCATION
- Ministry-related undergraduate degree and/or seminary degree
- Working knowledge of computers and proficiency in software programs including Microsoft Office and use of the Internet.
- 3-years of experience in a church of 1,500+.
- Ability to preach/teach in a large-group setting.
- This position consists mostly of sedentary work with some light lifting.
PERSONAL LIFE REQUIREMENTS (POST HIRE)
- A consistent personal devotional life.
- Become covenant member of Rock Point Church.
- Regular worship service attendance with your family.
- Model biblical family life before the body.
- Model biblical integrity and conduct personal life in a manner consistent with RPC values.
- Model biblical community and be involved in TRIO.
- Faithfully tithe.
To apply, please send current resume and philosophy of ministry statement.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Rock Point Church
Rock Point Church is planning to move into our first permanent home on February 10, 2013 - exactly eleven years after we held our first services. Still led by founding pastor, Bill Bush, Rock Point Church has a typical worship attendance of approximately 1,000 people, and a staff comprised of 10 full-time and 21 part-time employees. Our new 24,000 square foot building is located in Queen Creek, Arizona and includes a 750-seat auditorium. After more than a decade in a rented facility, Rock Point is eager to have a building th More...