Pastor of Family Ministries
Our purpose at Calvary Community Church is to reach people with the gospel of Jesus Christ and help them become Christ-centered, cross-focused Christians.
Our vision at Calvary Community Church is to participate in God’s work of Mission: Proclamation of the gospel; Redemption: application of the gospel; and Community: identification with the gospel..
Under the guidance and counsel of the Senior Pastor and Elders, and guided by the vision and mission of Calvary Community Church, the Pastor of Family Ministries will:
1. Provide spiritual leadership to the children, volunteer workers and ministry
leaders of the children’s ministry (birth through 6th grade) at Calvary
2. Provide spiritual leadership to the youth and volunteer workers in the youth
ministries (Jr. High/Sr. High) at Calvary Community Church;
3. Mentor and support parents as they shepherd their own children;
4. Assist the Senior Pastor as necessary.
Requirements of Position
The person to fill this position needs to have experience in children and youth
ministries. The pastor should have most or all of the following gifts and abilities:
leadership, teaching, training, encouragement, shepherding, vision, a heart for prayer, and a love for children, students and their families. A mature relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior as well as agreement with the Statement of Faith and
Church Covenant of Calvary Community Church is also required.
This position requires that regular office hours be maintained for the completion of church business and ministry needs.
The Pastor of Family Ministries should continue to pursue professional growth through seminars, workshops, classes, and/or on-line venues.
A Bible College or Seminary degree is preferred.
1. To help build a culture of discipleship among children, youth, parents and
2. Recruit and equip a team of volunteers in Youth and Children Ministries that
leads to sustainability in these ministry areas (not dependent on paid staff).
3. Create a safe environment for Children and Youth that encourages growth in
4. Encourage and equip parents in their role as the primary disciple-makers of
their children. Support them in teaching and mentoring their children in a life of
5. Develop student leaders who will be equipped to lead and make disciples of
6. Integrate Youth and Children into the larger church community. Help foster
an “extended family” atmosphere where all ages are valued and contribute.
7. Work with leaders to develop a coordinated curriculum for all ages that
progressively teaches and models life in Christ.
8. The Pastor of Family Ministries Pastor will be Involved in the life of Calvary
Community Church and the community at large, seeking out relationships with
those who do not know Christ thereby modeling a missional lifestyle with our
families but also those in the community.
Recruiting and Supervision: This position requires someone who enjoys seeing others succeed and grow in their leadership abilities. The Pastor of Family Ministries must first be an equipper and secondly a doer.
Programs: Youth and Children’s programs need to maintain the focus on making
disciples who have been equipped to make other disciples. Each program needs to be evaluated on the basis of how it is contributing toward this goal. The Pastor of Family Ministries along with adult and student volunteers will plan and facilitate these programs.
Accountability and Responsibility
The Pastor of Family Ministries is fully accountable and responsible, first to the Senior Pastor and then to the Elders. The Elders will work through the Senior Pastor to give guidance, support, prayer, and spiritual accountability on a regular basis. The
Senior Pastor will evaluate the Pastor of Family Ministries on an annual basis. The Pastor of Family Ministries is also expected to develop relationships with the other pastoral staff that allows for mutual spiritual accountability.
Salaries and Benefits:
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Hours: 40+ hours per week
Benefits: Pension Plan, Health Insurance and Vacation
Additional: Laptop and Cell Phone provided