The standards are high, the timelines are short, and the deliverables are numerous - but the REWARD is GREAT. If you agree, we encourage you to continue reading for details of our open position,
Production Arts Associate - Video.
About First Baptist Church of West Palm Beach:
First Baptist Church of West Palm Beach is a multi-campus church of over 2,000 members located in the West Palm Beach, Florida metropolitan area. We are experiencing an exciting time of growth as we expand beyond our walls to neighborhood churches and new
church plants. There are current plans to open two new campuses in the next two years!
About Our Production Arts Team:
Our current team consists of Worship Pastor leadership, a full-time Production Arts Director, full-time and part-time support staff, interns and faithful volunteers. We are currently renewing our focus on building our team and volunteer base.
About Our Open Position:
This is a Production Arts Associate position with an emphasis on Video Production. This position reports directly to the Production Arts Director and works closely with the Worship Pastor.
We are seeking to expand our team with a person who has solid experience as a Video Director / Producer. This person must be able to take a concept and "run with it" through completion. We are seeking someone who is flexible, has the ability to work in a
fast turnaround environment, and has a commitment for excellence in everything that they do. This person will also play an integral role in our Creative Planning meetings, lead our volunteer Video Team, and help oversee all aspects of IMAG and web streaming.
Salary offered for this position is $35,000 annually plus full-time benefits after 90 days.
Your Skills and Experience:
• A Bachelor's Degree in Video Production or similar
• Independent while committed to success of the team
• Passionate for technology and learning new techniques
• Passionate for mentoring volunteers and professionals
• Expert in live IMAG directing, including cameras and graphics
• Expert in Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier
• Expert in capturing audio for video shoots
• Expert in lighting for both studio and on-location
• Expert in color correction of multiple different cameras
• Expert in video editing and storytelling in a fast paced environment
• Expert in motion graphics (animation or 3D earns bonus points!)
• You eat, breathe and sleep VIDEO
• You believe "Macs Rule and PCs Drool"
• You think bigger and broader than paper
• You thrive in a fast-paced, constantly-changing environment
• You realize the importance of a fun creative environment and you fight to protect it
• You are loyal to the creative process and consistently execute at the top of your game
• You love collaborating with other creatives, especially over a french press at Starbucks
• Your plug-in library is massive, though you secretly only use 7 of them, the ones you have personally paid for
• You can navigate Final Cut Pro and the Adobe Suite with your eyes closed . . . and know how to use them together in harmony
• Directing live IMAG for all weekend services
• Recruiting, training and scheduling volunteers
• Shooting, capturing and editing of video projects
• Directing experienced / unexperienced actors and extras
• Setting up and troubleshooting video equipment
• Creating DVD menus and authoring DVDs
• Compressing videos for various formats including DVD, web and mobile
• Archiving and organizing all captured raw footage and source documents
• Setting up unique video sets for different looks and scouting for locations
• Providing repair and ensuring maintenance on campus-wide video equipment
• Supporting other ministry departments with Video Production expertise
• Assisting the Production Arts Director with other (possibly non-video) tasks
Please DO NOT apply for this position IF YOU DO NOT:
• Have a love for GOD's WORD and a passion to REACH the lost through video
• Have a passion for RECRUITING and TRAINING VOLUNTEERS
• Have FLEXIBILITY in your schedule
• Have an AWESOME PORTFOLIO
• Respect the differences between Mac and PC
• Know how to DIRECT live IMAG and non-live video projects
• Know what IMAG stands for (if you google this - stop reading now)
• Know how to LIGHT and COMPOSE a beautiful shot
• Know the difference between HD and SD video types
• Know the difference between 32K and 56K (we're not talking about money here)
• Know what the word Anamorphic in regard to Video Production means
• Know the difference between progressive and interlaced video types
• Know what a RED One is (if you google this - seriously, please stop)
• Know what 50mm f/1.4 is, what it means, and how to achieve it
• Handle constructive criticism and team collaboration well
ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
We especially want to encourage those candidates who are LOCAL to the South Florida metropolitan area to apply. Please note that we are not able to reimburse for relocation expenses.
Please send your résumé AND link(s) to your video portfolio AND include your specific areas of responsibility for every project to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must have an online portfolio to be considered for this opportunity.