Trinity is looking for an experienced Pastor of Student Ministries with a heart for God and students to serve in a healthy, growing church in a destination city of 40,000. This pastor will lead and oversee strong, balanced ministry to Middle-School and High-School
students by building and deploying teams of volunteer youth staff. We have healthy ministries in place right now; we desire a pastor who can augment, refine and expand these ministries and take them to the next level of effectiveness in a way that complements
our church-wide philosophy of making disciples. Requires proven record of effective student ministry, team building, systems building, communication excellence and administrative skill.
In addition, this pastor will serve as an integral part of the pastoral and leadership teams.
Applicants will have:
--B.A. or equivalent 4-year degree
--Proven, relevant ministry experience
--Demonstrated track record of ministry effectiveness
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Brad at trinitywallawallaDOTorg.
For a detailed job description and church/community profile, see below.
Organizational Title: “Associate Pastor”
Functional Title: “Pastor of Student Ministries”
The primary purpose of this ministry position is to lead and oversee effective ministry to Middle- and High-School students in and through Trinity. Currently we minister to about 80 Middle- and High School students weekly. Pastor leadership will focus on
partnering with parents, relating directly with students, and leading and equipping volunteer staff.
This will be achieved through focus on:
- Ministry leadership and execution
- Volunteer and team recruitment, training and support
- Effective relationships with students, parents and volunteer leaders
- Balanced emphasis on evangelism and discipleship
Student Ministry (Grades 6-12)
- Envision, design, and lead strong, balanced ministry to Middle- and High-School teens by building and utilizing teams of volunteer youth staff. We are currently doing effective ministry with our students, but we desire a pastor who can augment, refine and
expand these ministries and take them to the next level of effectiveness in a way that complements our church-wide model for making disciples.
- Maintain a hands on involvement and direct participation in ministry to these ages, cultivating pastoral relationships with students, leaders and parents. We expect that ministry relationships and direct participation with students will become more “hands
on” as the students move from Middle School to Senior High. Includes direct interaction with students (for example: personal discipling, teaching, leadership development, activities, trips, etc...). We see this role as one that partners with parents and the
rest of the church in creating wholehearted followers of Jesus.
- Cultivate, equip, and deploy volunteer staff in ministry to teens. We value the pastoral model that focuses on training others for ministry.
- Cultivate, supervise and train student ministry interns.
Additional Pastoral Ministry Duties
- Contribute to Trinity’s overall leadership, direction, and ministry with the rest of the pastoral team.
- Contribute to additional ministries where gifts, interests, and church needs coincide, as determined with the senior pastor (examples: preaching, technology, music, outreach, etc...).
- Perform other pastoral and associate duties as needed and directed by the senior pastor.
- Serve on church leadership board and other appropriate venues.
In each of these ministry areas it is expected that this pastor will not perform all of these ministries himself but will identify, develop, deploy and oversee leaders and teams who will do these ministries. Our ideal is that in each of their areas of leadership,
pastoral staff focus on ministries only they can do, by right of their unique gifts and leadership role in our church, and that they raise up and equip the rest of the body to do the ministry God has called each member to. In addition, we want this pastor
to bring his unique gifts, passions and interests to his ministry at Trinity, and will encourage him to fulfill additional ministry as these passions and Trinity’s mission direct.
Walla Walla is one of the best-kept secrets in America. Walla Walla is a destination community of about 30,000 people in a valley of 50,000 nestled next to the Blue Mountains in southeastern Washington. Because of its beautifully restored downtown, healthy
economy, historic roots, scenic surroundings and world-class wine industry, Walla Walla has developed a reputation as a nice place to visit—but an even better place to live.
Awards and recognitions include:
- Downtown Walla Walla named one of America’s 10 Great Neighborhoods 2012 by the American Planning Association’s Great Places in America
- Top Five Finalist in Rand McNally’s Best Food Small Town in America in 2012
- Winner, Rand McNally Friendliest Small Town in America in 2011
- Named one of twelve “Distinctive Destination” spots in America by the National Trust for Historic Preservation for its “splendidly restored downtown” in 2002
- Named “one of the five best places in the west” to live in Sunset Magazine, March 2002
- Winner, Great American Main Street Award 2001