We are prayerfully looking for a godly man who would lead our church family in seeking and worshiping God. Psalm 96:2 “Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name; worship the Lord in the splendor of His holiness.”
- Lead two Sunday morning worship services – a blended service with hymns and praise choruses and then a contemporary service of new and present day songs of worship.
Assist in leading a midweek time of all church praise and prayer.
Assist in leading all church prayer summits. (Retreats, 2-3 days of seeking God in prayer)
Prepare worship media for church services.
Lead the praise band as both a director and pastor.
Responsible for the recruiting, scheduling, developing, and discipling of the worship team and future worship leaders.
Provide direction and recruits for the tech/sound team.
Provide direction and oversight of worship for children and youth.
Oversees music equipment and prepares facilities for a worshipful atmosphere.
Mentor a small group of men in their walk with the Lord.
Commitment to faithfully pray on behalf of the church.
Participate regularly in staff prayer and planning meetings.
Meet regularly with the senior pastor for discipleship, prayer and ministry development.
Once a year, participate/assist in leading a short-term mission trip.
Work alongside staff in reaching the lost of our community for Christ.
Takes on other pastoral responsibilities as Senior Pastor and Elders assign.
Directly responsible to the Senior Pastor.
- A heart that desires above all things, the glory of God.
- Has a consistent prayer life. Believes that prayer trumps program.
- A character of genuine humility and godly confidence.
- Team player.
- Teachable and submits to authority.
- A mature and reproducing walk with Christ.
- Active in sharing Christ with the lost.
- In agreement with Community Bible Statement of Faith.
- Skilled and proven experience in leading a worship music team.
- Ability to read and write music.
- Music degree preferable.
- Ability to organize and plan all aspects of corporate worship.
- Ability to pastor God’s people with proven skill and a heart of love.
- Must have effective organizational skills.
- Meets the qualifications of an elder according to I Tim. 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- College graduate.
- At least one year of Biblical and theological training.
- A demonstrated giftedness to lead God’s people in seeking Him. At least one year of experience.
- Worships often in private. Has learned the discipline of worship.
Please submit the following:
- Send cover letter and resume/Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by January,1 2013. Please include references as well.
- Video/audio clip or you leading a worship service. (You may also include a website.)