Youth & Christian Education Pastor
Purpose: To nurture and support children, youth and families in their faith development by initiating and maintaining programs and activities that encourage a real, active, and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Qualifications: Ministry-based Bachelor’s degree or corresponding experience
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Employee Status: Full time, salaried.
- Recruit, manage, and retain volunteer staff to help lead youth and children’s ministries
- Work with Lead Pastor, Elders, and Christian Education Board to develop a strategic, purposeful plan to teach children and youth the Word of God
- Manage the budgets for Youth and Christian Education
- Work with Christian Education Board to select, adapt, or prepare curriculum for Sunday School, Children’s Church, Wednesday night programs, and Vacation Bible School
- Help develop and oversee all procedures for Nursery and Children’s Ministries
- Work with Christian Education Board to develop and maintain job descriptions and qualifications for volunteers, including background checks
- Be active in outreach to youth in the community
- Be involved in the lives of youth through cooperation with schools and other means
- Involve parents and other adults in the ministry to youth
- Prepare or oversee meaningful and relevant Bible study plans for Wednesday night youth group
- Plan and organize youth activities and trips
- A personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- A call to ministry
- A passion for working with youth and children
- Ability to organize and lead programs for students of all ages
- Ability to communicate and relate well with adults and congregational leadership
- A desire to work in a team environment with Pastoral staff and leadership boards
- A commitment to and agreement with the statements and beliefs of the Church of God based in Anderson, Indiana.