This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Administration and Small Groups
Bedford Church of the Nazarene
Bedford, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 07/02/2008
Categories: Executive Pastor
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Administration and Small Groups.
Bedford Church of the Nazarene is a growing multi-racial congregation of 400 in the Cleveland, Ohio area. Visit www.bcn.org to become familiar with our congregation and leadership. We are seeking a talented individual who will fulfill two major responsibilities.
1. Chief operating officer and administrator of church affairs.
This person will assist the Lead Pastor by running the day-to-day affairs of the church. The responsibilities of this individual would include:
• the direction and supervision of ministry and administrative staff
• oversight of the budgeting process and budget adherence
• coordinating the efforts of the various ministries to make for a well organized, harmonious ministry effort
• the implementation of the strategic initiatives listed in our newly adopted five-year plan.
2. Director of small group ministries.
This ministry, referred to as Life Group Ministries and currently lay led, is our main discipleship thrust. In this area of responsibility, this individual will:
• create and implement a structure for recruiting, training, and overseeing a team of small group leaders
• create and implement a reporting structure for our Life Groups that will provide measurable metrics
• oversee a communication plan that will explain the rationale and benefits for members to get involved in the Life Group ministries
• instill in the Life Group ministries the three-fold mission of our church: bring, grow, serve.
The qualifications we are looking for:
• A degree in a Ministry related field is helpful, but not a necessity
• A current membership, or a willingness to become a member, in the Church of the Nazarene
• A minimum of five years, and preferably ten or more, experience in supervision of four or more direct reports
• A minimum of five years and preferably ten or more, P & L responsibility for an annual budget in excess of two million dollars
• The spiritual gift of administration
• A proven track record of performance growth
• A track record of team building
• An ability to spot and develop the leadership potential in others
• A mature and Godly character.
To apply for this position, please send resume, salary requirements, references, and any other materials you think would be helpful to:
Right Hand Search Team,
Bedford Church of the Nazarene,
365 Center Road,
Bedford, Ohio 44146