PASTOR OF CREATIVE ARTS
Journey the Way’s mission is to love God, love people and turn the world upside down. Begun in 2010, Journey the Way has grown from a church-plant to an established congregation that gathers in the city-center of Wichita, Kansas. The vision of our creative
arts department is to embody through the arts the gospel message of Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection on our behalf. Our arts department seeks to creatively, clearly and compellingly express the gospel through song, video, art, technology and other creative
means of displaying the gospel. Journey the Way is a member of the Acts 29 Network of churches.
The Pastor of Creative Arts is a first among equals and will manage the church-wide direction for Journey the Way’s Creative Arts Department. The Creative Arts Pastor works closely with the elders of Journey the Way in developing weekly worship service liturgies
as well as the development of bands, artists, and other creative leaders.
• Fulfill the duties required of Journey the Way partners as outlined in the Partnership Covenant. • Fulfill the character qualifications of a deacon as taught in the Scriptures (1 Timothy 3, Acts 6). • Bachelors degree.
• Experience in directing creative arts for multiple bands and teams.
• Ability to see, articulate and implement the vision of Journey the Way.
• Proven track record of recruiting, training, and leading staff and volunteers. • Kingly tri-perspectival gifting/orientation and entrepreneurial initiative.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Recruitment, training, and development of multiple lead bands.
• The Recruitment, training, and development of Sound, Light, and Video Technicians
• Creating videos for Sunday Worship Gatherings (As assigned)
• Development of creative art themes and campaigns for sermon series and church-wide events. • Volunteer Coordination for all teams associated with the worship gathering (including, but not
limited to: Band, Tech, Hospitality, House, Security, etc.)
• Develop and coach leaders within Creative Arts department.
• Spiritual growth and formation as a believer in the gospel.
• Missional mindset to contextualize and communicate the gospel clearly. • Submit to monthly coaching by elders at Journey the Way.
• Visioneer and future plan services and events.
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Vacation: Two weeks (14 days) vacation
To apply please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org