This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Care
Black Rock Congregational Church
Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
Date Posted: 03/17/2009
Categories: Pastoral Care Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
* Direct and oversee the Care Ministry at Black Rock.
* Recruit, train and provide leadership to Care Ministry directors, leaders and volunteers at Black Rock who will assist in the Care Ministry.
* Supervise and direct Care Ministry administrative assistant.
* Perform hospital visitation, working in conjunction and coordination with Pastor to Senior Citizins.
* Perform homebound and nursing home visitation, service of communion, and encouragement.
* Provide emergency counseling for members or attendees of BRCC and their immediate families.
* Direct and oversee the pastoral care and counseling ministries of BRCC, including collaboration with the Black Rock Director of Christian Counseling.
* Coordinate broader counseling efforts, training, and programs with Black Rock Director of Christian Counseling.
* Conduct most funerals and weddings of BRCC members or attendees and their families
* Provide direction and oversight to BRCC’s prayer ministry
* Serve as staff liaison and support to Deacon Board.
* Provide strategic direction to the Care Ministry.
* Prepare and provide oversight to the annual Care budget.
* Coordinate and maintain a comprehensive benevolence ministry including interviewing those requesting assistance and making recommendations concerning financial assistance.
Welcome Ministry (10%)
* Recruit and provide leadership to equip Welcome Center team, greeters, ushers, and welcome booth personnel.
* Must have a loving, caring and compassionate heart
* Must have a bachelor's degree
* Must have a master's level or seminary degree in ministry or care-related training
* Must be ordained
* Must have at least five years of experience in full-time ministry
* Current jo or job held within the past five years must have demonstrably included at least 50% time spent on care responsibilities such as detailed above
* Preferably has ministered in a multiple-staff member church with an attendance in excess of 300
* Must have exhibited a caring and compassionate heart and a skill in providing pastoral counseling
** If interested, please send your resume to Dawn Brehm at firstname.lastname@example.org. **