This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Northshore Christian Church
Everett, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 07/01/2008
Categories: Christian School
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Vision of NCA Library
NCA students will attain knowledge and skills to become accomplished readers, independent learners, critical thinkers, creative problem solvers, and informed citizens through the expertise of the school librarian, teachers and the use of resources and services provided by the school library.
Mission of NCA Library
The mission of the school library program and school librarian is to ensure that students, teachers, administrators, and staff are effective users of ideas, information and resources.
This mission is accomplished by:
Providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats;
Providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas;
Collaborating with other educators to plan, design, teach, and evaluate information literacy learning experiences to meet the needs of NCA students;
Demonstrating effective leadership strategies in the administration of the program by enhancing learning opportunities school wide and within the classroom learning community.
Developing the program into a resource center that includes an information center for the parents, teachers and students.
Documenting and maintaining Northshore Christian School’s history.
This position follows the school calendar and includes the 5 days in-service week prior to the start of school. Position hours are 9:00 to 5:00 Monday through Friday. The position includes a 5% tuition discount and free extended care service while on duty. Salary rate is $12.00 per hour. The library is open after school. This position includes supervision on middle school students who are assigned to library school.
Be one who has received and acknowledges Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
Demonstrate moral character qualities that reflect Biblical standards.
Be one who feels called of God to the position.
Shall be in good standing of an evangelical church and shall lead a Godly life. He/she shall be a person of spiritual maturity with leadership abilities that will allow him/her to "train up a child in the way he should go."
Shall subscribe to the NCC Statement of Faith and reflect the purpose of the school which is to honor Christ in every activity.
• Bachelors degree in education or related field; Master’s degree in library science preferred.
• Teaching experience preferred
• Knowledge of library techniques, processes, and reference sources
• Ability to plan and teach lessons on children’s literature, information
resources, search techniques and research methods, both general and in
specific subject areas.
• Ability to work effectively with students, faculty members, and parents
• Strong collaborative skills to plan and work with library staff, technology team,
• Ability to work comfortably and effectively in a non-traditional, often hectic
library space that serves as one of the teacher’s workroom.
• Intellectual curiosity, willingness to learn, and broad academic interests
• Passion for reading and books
• Teaching experience in a library or related setting required.
The ability to move around the school building.
• Provide reference assistance to students, faculty members, and parents
• Coordinate library instruction of students, collaborating with faculty to integrate instruction with the classroom curriculum. This instruction will include the study of research methods, online resources, and intellectual property and copyright issues.
• Assist faculty in promoting reading and guide students in the individual choice
of books for recreational and research reading.
• Plan, develop and administer the total program of the library.
• Develop and administer the library budget.
• Carry out all aspects of collection development and maintenance: evaluate
and order new titles that meet the mission of NCA, the needs of curriculum and its community
advise in cataloging and processing, and administer discarding of books and inventory.
• Supervise creation of information displays and carry out other activities to
help make the library a welcoming, pleasant, and helpful environment.
• Publicize the library—its services and collection—and promote the role of the
library in the life and curriculum of the school.
• Coordinate and schedule use of the library and its facilities for meetings, classes, book fair, author visits and other events.
• Supervise the library assistant and build the library volunteering program.
• Meet regularly with Literacy Coach to plan and coordinate school wide library services and to work with volunteers with reading promotion programs.
Oversee the Accelerated Reading and Accelerated Math program.
Play a collaborative role in planning information education in the school. This involves working with the school technology team for effective use of technology and curricular integration and to plan for the use of new technology.
•Serve on curriculum committees and school-wide curriculum mapping committee as needed.
Keep abreast of current practices and issues in librarianship and education through journal reading, membership in associations, and attendance at conferences and other professional-development activities.
The School Librarian reports to and is evaluated by the Student Achievement/Literacy Coach, and annually performs a self-evaluation. Working with the supervisor will regularly create, assess, and adjust a set of goals and objectives for job performance and for the library's operations