This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Bob Boyd Evangelistic Association
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 06/26/2008
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
JOB TITLE: Executive Associate
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Office
Bob Boyd Evangelistic Association
Serves as the Personal Assistant to the President of our organization, handling a myriad of tasks ranging from simple to very challenging. We need a superstar for this position. The Executive Associate will provide much-needed assistance to Dr. Boyd as he travels around the world to take the good news of Christ to hundreds of thousands of people. Must be high achievement oriented, a professional, loyal, discreet individual who can think creatively, act assertively, and get difficult (even “impossible”) problems solved, like getting hard-to-get reservations, helping negotiate difficult deals, and planning complicated, rapidly changing itineraries.
Daily tasks may include secretarial, clerical, and administrative support services and conducting special projects as assigned. Provides support to the President of the Bob Boyd Evangelistic Association and assists other corporate staff to include: Executive Director, Special Assistant to the President, Lead Campaign Director, and Campaign Director. Participates as a team member by performing additional assignments not directly related to the job description when workload requires and as requested by the President.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
College/University with excellent record preferred. At least 7-10 years experience as a secretary or executive secretary to department directors is preferred. High competency in written and oral communication including outstanding writing and proof-reading skills. Computer literacy is required including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook. Will be operating fax machines and Dictaphone. 65-70+ wpm typing.
MISSION AND VALUES:
The mission of the Bob Boyd Evangelistic Association is to reach as many people as possible around the world for Christ through mass evangelism and discipleship. Each employee is responsible to comply with the Standards of Integrity for BBEA, ensuring that the organization is represented in a Christ-like manner at all times.
1. Consistent involvement in serving Christ and a passion for reaching people for Christ around the world is essential.
2. Work requires skills related to the composition of correspondence and reports, proofing for accuracy, as well as the ability to accurately review, correct, and update financial statements.
3. Work requires ability to negotiate favorable deals with suppliers to arrange complex travel itineraries (air, hotels, transportation, etc.), and to handle other negotiations for BBEA.
4. Work requires extensive interpersonal skills, advanced oral and written communication skills, and ability to negotiate prices and contracts.
5. Work requires a high level of concentration and close attention to detail while performing multiple administrative duties amidst frequent interruptions.
6. Must be able to handle a fast-paced environment. Must be a self-motivator, possessing a high level of judgment skills and initiative, along with ability to prioritize and coordinate several tasks simultaneously, while remaining poised and cheerful consistently (especially during very busy periods).
7. Work requires analytical skills necessary to organize and compile a wide variety of information for reports, and to solve problems regarding administrative tasks and people.
8. Work requires reviewing, prioritizing, and taking appropriate action on incoming and outgoing correspondence, including screening and sorting of mail.
9. Work requires coordinating calendar for the President and providing necessary documents/files in advance of each meeting.
10. Work requires maintaining and safeguarding of confidential records.