Hyde Park Presbyterian Church
1309 Swann Ave. Tampa, FL 33606
Director of Youth Ministries
Position: Full-time, Salaried
Reports to: Session Designee
To minister to youth of our church and community in grades 6 through 12 and to administer, develop and implement youth ministry programs designed to meet their spiritual, social, and emotional needs, leading them to know Christ as Lord and Savior and grow in Him.
• To establish meaningful personal friendships with the young people in the HPPC congregation, to demonstrate genuine caring for them and their families.
• To support the youth in their personal activities outside of the church such as attending their sporting events, chorus concerts, school plays, and awards ceremonies.
• To plan and implement weekly youth group activities that include Bible study, worship, fellowship and fun! The activities need to be relevant and effective in instructing, training, nurturing and equipping youth for leading a Spirit-filled life of faith and forging deep Christian friendships.
• To plan and implement special events such as concerts, retreats, Presbytery of Tampa Bay opportunities and camps for inclusion in the youth program to strengthen faith and to offer variety.
• To support and attend the Mid-High and Sr. High Sunday School classes on a regular basis, to learn alongside the young people, to strengthen friendships and to use this as an opportunity to promote the other youth activities available.
• To help create an atmosphere of fun and inclusiveness that encourages new youth to participate and church members to invite their friends.
• To provide hands-on opportunities for service projects and mission trips for youth to learn how to live out their faith in helping to meet the needs of others.
• To raise up effective youth mentors from the youth.
• To recruit and develop adults within the congregation to serve as committed mentors, to participate alongside the Youth Director in a supportive role at youth activities.
• To work effectively with parents to foster support of the youth program, including ongoing communication to provide opportunities for in nd feedback.
• To work alongside other church staff members as a team player, sharing in the vision and ministry in which Hyde Park has been called.
• To conduct yourself in a Christ-like manner, to demonstrate high Biblical standards as an exemplary role model for the youth.
• Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ based on a commitment to prayer and God’s Word
• Manifests a call to youth ministry
• Demonstrates good rapport with students
• Expresses enthusiasm and a sense of humor
• Capable in recruiting, training, and supporting coordinators, leaders and volunteers
• Displays personal openness, integrity and honesty in interpersonal relationships
• Works well with the church staff, leadership and parents of youth
• Dynamic teacher (able to teach tenets of the Christian faith, fundamental Christian values and how to apply these to life situations)
• Administrative leadership and coordination
• Musical skills desired
Education and Experience
• College degree preferred
• Youth Ministries education or degree desired.
• Demonstrated leadership in youth ministries in a church or para-church organization is required.
$30, 000 - $38,000 yearly salary/package (negotiable with experience)
Salary Package includes:
• Base Salary
• Medical, Life and Disability Insurance
• Pension Plan
• Paid Vacation Leave
• Professional Expense Allowances
• Continuing Education
Interested applicants may send resumes c/o Youth Search Committee to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to our mailing address, 1309 Swann Ave. Tampa, FL 33606. If you would like additional information please leave a message at 813-253-0069 #33 for the Youth Search Committee and we will return your call as soon as possible.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship and Associate PastorPataskala Grace Church
- Pataskala, Ohio
- October 26
Student Ministry PastorHighlands Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 25
Student Ministries DirectorDayspring Church
- Auburn, Indiana
- October 25
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25
Youth PastorONEeighty Church
- Springville, Alabama
- October 25