The Children’s Pastor/Director will be responsible for the ministry of 200+ birth through 6th grade children. This will include the continued building and maintaining of teams to carry out children’s events and services on Sundays and midweek;
developing programs and opportunities for ministering to families; evaluation and implementation of curriculum programs; training, education and development of a strong, committed volunteer leadership team.
- A true laborer: Spirit filled, lover of God, lover of people.
- A dynamic, outgoing and vision driven individual.
- Heart, passion and calling for the spiritual formation of children.
- Experience and proven leadership in Children’s Ministry.
- Personality and people skills needed to recruit, lead, train and motivate teams.
- Vision casting to team in relation to church’s vision.
- Ability to create an atmosphere of empowerment for teams and volunteers.
- Scheduling of teams and volunteers.
- Pro-active & self motivated.
- Pastoral care to team, children and parents of the church.
- Pre-plan for upcoming events including recruiting, logistical strategies and scheduling.
- Team player with Lead Pastor, staff members and key leaders.
- Effective communication (verbal, interpersonal, written and electronic) with children, parents, staff, volunteers, peers and community.
- Capacity to review, update, and write classroom curriculum.
- Technical/Computer aptitude.