This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Ministry Director of Worship
Monticello, Minnesota, United States
Date Posted: 06/24/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Ministry Director of Worship – Full-time
If you love Christ, have worship leadership experience, enjoy working with multiple teams and talents, enjoy traditional and contemporary services, can bring a musical talent to our church, and are skilled in media arts, we can’t wait to talk to you. This is a full-time position with benefits. Application deadline is July 8, 2008. Please e-mail cover letter, salary requirements and resume to:
Ministry Director of Worship
The Director of Worship shall coordinate the worship and music ministries of Resurrection Lutheran Church. This individual will have a ‘real’ and passionate walk with the Lord and a desire to use musical, leadership and organizational gifts to serve. In addition, this role requires the ability to show excellence as a musician with some vocal and instrumental talent
Critical Success Factors
1. Able to articulate a vision and/or carry out the RLC vision of worship, that brings people into the presence of the Lord.
2. Excellent leadership skills for building a team of all ages that includes the ability to minister, equip and maximize gifts of team members and music participants. (team is defined by ministry map)
3. Excellence in organizing and planning worship experiences and the teams needed to do this
1. Coordinate music plans and schedule choir appearances with all related ministries
2. Arrange for special music during any traditional worship service in which the chancel choir is not participating.
3. When appropriate, communicate with audio technicians about special needs.
4. Accompany and rehearse with musicians doing special music as necessary.
5. Coordinate with the Drama Team as appropriate.
1. Recruit volunteer directors and accompanists for music groups as needed.
2. Contact new members and their families who have expressed an interest in music.
3. Maintain a file of current participants in music, sound, powerpoint and drama teams, as well as participants for special events.
4. Convene and facilitate quarterly meetings of all salaried and volunteer music staff.
5. Coordinate support and recognition for music volunteer ministers in conjunction with RLC’s Faithful Servants annual.
Other staff and church meeting and report duties
1. Attend monthly ministry director meetings.
2. Provide monthly written reports for council meetings
2. Coordinate with the pastoral staff concerning sermon themes and special programs.
3. Serve as primary staff liaison to Worship Team.
5. Advise the Executive Director/Council in recommending in hiring salaried music staff.
6. Oversee monthly Worship Planning meetings.
7. Coordinate youth/children’s ministries music with the appropriate ministry directors/leaders for intergeneration church music opportunities
8. Provide annual meeting requirements, such as a report and/or presentation, by specified day.
1. Manage music budget and recommend changes as needed.
2. Order music and supplies for chancel choir; monitor music/supplies ordered by other music ministries for budgetary accountability.
3. Report to the appropriate team concerning the condition and needs for the maintenance or upkeep of the church instruments and equipment (excluding the organ). Arrange for, monitor and approve payment for needed repairs and service.
4. With other staff members, maintain an accessible music library.
5. Coordinate any Music Festivals that may be held.
6. Coordinate times and places for all music groups’ rehearsals. Coordinate with the office for making rehearsal schedules.
7. By the stated deadline, notify the church office of titles, composers, and other information for the music selected for the next Sunday for inclusion in the bulletin.
8. Apprise staff and congregation of regular availability for contact by phone or in person.
9. Coordinate vacation for music staff and request payment for music substitutes.
Chancel Choir Responsibilities
1. Oversee selection of music for traditional Sunday worship anthems September through June.
2. Coordinate selections with the liturgical calendar, RLC calendar, and pastor's sermon themes.
3. Direct the choir for two services each Sunday.
4. Select and direct at least one major choir offering each year in the form of a cantata or special concert.
5. Conduct a weekly rehearsal.
6. At the request of the pastors select music and direct the choir for special services (i.e. Ash Wednesday, Thanksgiving, etc.)
7. Determine choir robe needs and oversee maintenance of robes and stoles as needed.
8. Arrange for substitute director and payment of substitute.
9. Arrange for devotions at rehearsals.
10. Foster an attitude of caring among the choir members.
11. Set up and break down loft area for choir rehearsals, Sunday worship services and other services, as needed.
Reports to: Executive Director
Responsible to: Lead Pastor for worship planning
Paid staff preferred experience criteria:
• 4 year music degree
• 5 year progressively responsible experience