Summary of Position:
The Pastor/Director of Senior High Ministries provides leadership and spiritual shepherding for Cornerstone’s ministry to Senior High students and their families. They should develop vision and infrastructure for this area that is in keeping with the churches ministry strategies and philosophy. They should lead by example, and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. They should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. They should be a team player and follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being willing to put the needs of others in front of their own. In all of their actions, they should be positive and supportive of the Core Values and the Vision of our church.
• Model the qualifications of an elder (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
• Model biblical community in his relationships (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32).
• Model biblical family life before the body (Eph 5:22-6:4).
• Model biblical integrity in all things (1 Tim 6:11-12).
• 5 years full time ministry experience (experience in a church of 2,000 or more preferred)
• A successful track record of leading a Senior High Ministry of over 150+
• As a minimum applicants should have an earned Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped them for vocational ministry
• Applicants should have strengths in the following areas: leadership, administration, teaching, as well as strong relational abilities.
• Articulate in writing their philosophy of ministry and the strategy and steps that properly reflect that philosophy. Applicants should be able to demonstrate how they have already accomplished this in their current or past ministry settings.
• Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship
• Enlist, equip, and empower a team of volunteers to own and lead the Senior High Ministry and invest in the lives of Senior High students
• Manage, invest in, develop, and coach a paid staff team
• Develop Student Leadership within the Senior High Ministry in which students are learning to be the church and invest in people around them.
• Develop strategic initiatives to gain access to and earn the right to be heard on local high school campuses
• Develop and execute an annual calendar of environments and events for the Senior High Ministry that works in symmetry with the overall Student & Young Adult Ministry, and helps accomplish the vision and goals of the ministry. This would include, but not be limited to, both on going large group and small group environments, mission trips, retreats, and outreach events.
• Successfully develop and nurture relationships with local High School Faculty and Staff, students, volunteers, and the paid staff of the church.
• Serve as the primary teaching pastor for this area of ministry within the church
• Communicate the Gospel and biblical principles in a creative and culturally relevant manner to Students
• Participate in annual job performance reviews and evaluations.
*Interested parties should email their resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
McKinney Church- Director of Student MinistriesVanderbloemen Search Group
- Fort Worth, Texas
- March 7
Children/Youth MinisterLewis Lane Baptist Church
- Owensboro, Kentucky
- March 7
Middle School PastorPantano Christian Church
- Tucson, Arizona
- March 6
Pastor of Jr. High MinistriesVillage Church of Gurnee
- Gurnee, Illinois
- March 5
Part Time Youth PastorFirst Congegational church of chester
- Chester, New Jersey
- March 4
Cornerstone Christian Fellowship
We are a contemporary church committed to bringing good news to those living in Chandler and its surrounding communities. We believe God's inerrant word gives the true direction in life that people so desperately need. Everlasting life is found only in the person of Jesus Christ through believing that He died and rose again to take away mankind's sin. He is our Cornerstone.More...