Village Presbyterian Church (VPC) announces an opening for a Director of Music Ministries.
Village is located in Carrollwood Village at 13115 S. Village Drive, Tampa 33618. We are a reformed protestant congregation with a strong commitment to scripture, orthodox practice and faithfulness to the Gospel.
We are seeking a Minister of Music to begin partnering with us in ministry and mission effective January 1, 2013.
This position is a part-time contractor position and does include vacation benefits.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a professed Christian exhibiting a spiritual commitment to the music program at Village Church
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree in music or choral music education
- Have experience as a church musician, including work with traditional, contemporary, praise and youth choirs.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Recruit, rehearse and lead our Chancel Choir and Praise Team.
- Recruit, train and guide a technical support team (Power Point preparation and operation).
- Advise and assist leaders of children and youth choirs
- Coordinate worship plans with organist and pastor
- Make budget recommendations to the Chair of the Finance Committee and work within budget.
- Develop, grow and lead the music worship program:
- Discern and encourage others in the use of their gifts in worship
- Inspire a sense of mission
- Communicate the purpose of worship and the role of music in that worship.
- Coordinate the many elements of well rounded worship, using a variety of art forms to praise God in worship
Interested candidates should submit CV/resume’ as soon as possible to:
Music Minister Search
Village Presbyterian Church
13115 S. Village Drive
Tampa, Florida 33618
CV/Resume’ may also be submitted via Fax at 813 -265-3997 or email to
Submissions accepted through Dec 1, 2012.