- Demonstrate a passion for Christ and His Kingdom through personal spiritual discipline and public ministry.
- Maintain a vibrant and growing personal, private faith that will allow the Leading of Worship to come from the overflow of one’s personal time with Christ.
- Model a spiritual maturity that all worship team members can follow. Due to the prominent and public ministry position, the character traits of humility, patience and self-control are particularly important, as well as all the qualities of a spiritual
leader mentioned in 1 Tim. 3 and Titus 1.
- Must be able to dynamically lead others in passionate, genuine worship. Must be able to lead participants of all ages and respect the older traditional styles, while continuing to move forward with new music and contemporary styles.
- Musical Skills: Must be able to lead well vocally, as well as with instruments – guitar preferred.
- Organizational Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively with a large number of people on a weekly basis. Must be able to schedule musicians, vocalists, and technical personnel, and communicate those schedules.
- Presentation skills: Must have “up-front” persona and conduct himself as well as the service in a professional way. We worship the King, and expect the King’s standards in the presentation of our worship service.
- Work with the Sr. Pastor to create a well-planned worship service that honors God.
- Oversee and coordinate all musical aspects of the worship service.
-Lead praise band / vocal team and congregation in Sunday morning worship services
-Lead any necessary rehearsals (one week-night rehearsal & then early Sunday morning)
-Coordinate other technical aspects of the worship service (sound board, Pro Presenter, lighting, etc.)
- Maintain the music resources of the church, adding new songs from time to time and training the worship team in new music.
- Create schedules for worship team members and communicate those schedules to team members.
- Recruit and equip new worship team members, possibly training instrumentalists.
- Help create and operate special events during the year (Christmas, Easter) and incorporate additional musical elements (choir) for these services.
This is a part-time position, but if a particular applicant meets the qualifications for other part time positions available here it could be a full time position.
email resume and video link of leading worship to