Traditional Choral Director
Part Time (5-10 hours a week)
- Personal Relationship with Christ
- Demonstrated ability to lead worship through music
- Evidence of spiritual development and the ability to lead others in spiritual development
- Demonstrated ability to conduct a choir, lead rehearsals, and develop a choir program
- To provide spiritual leadership for Groesbeck Church utilizing music in traditional worship primarily through the choir. This leadership would be exercised in directing the choir, providing input and direction in Sunday morning music selections and input in other traditional music opportunities.
Key result #1: Leadership and Vision
Goal: Develop a plan to integrate and utilize all of the music for the traditional worship service to fulfill the mission of Groesbeck Church
- Develop 3-5 annual goals that align with the mission and vision
- Meet monthly with the Pastor and music team to plan, develop and execute worship goals for the traditional service.
- Meet weekly on Thursdays at 2:00 to work with worship team and Pastors to run through worship to anticipate and adapt to Sunday’s worship services.
- Prepare and lead Thursday evening weekly choir practices, manage the utilization and placement of other music resources for worship.
- Submit weekly hymn selection to the staff by Wednesday in preparation for Sunday’s worship.
Key Result #2: Teamwork, Empowerment and Equipping
Goal: To recruit and equip musical talent as it relates to traditional worship service and particularly in the area of the choir and any accompaniment for the choir.
- Provide spiritual leadership for the choir as it relates to devotions and prayer, the music we present must have a spiritual foundation.
- Develop an invitational atmosphere to recruit and equip new people to the Choir.
- Provide a positive organized and timely atmosphere for weekly practices with the choir.
Key Result #3: Administration
Goal: to manage your role and understand the expectations and goals to fulfill the mission and vision of the church and to properly manage and coordinate your time to execute effectively.
- Communicate on a weekly basis with the staff plans and events related to music and worship.
- Communicate calendar issues, website and newsletter information.
- Oversee supplies, materials, for your area of responsibility.
- Communicate effectively with the Senior Pastor in areas pertaining to ministry responsibilities.
Key Result #4: Spiritual Development
Goal: Provide spiritual leadership for the choir and display spiritual characteristics with the congregation which emerges out of spiritual growth.
- Maintain a spiritual growth plan
- Identify spiritual growth opportunities in yourself and others in your areas of responsibilities.
Key Result #5: Special Events
Goal: Help to develop and support new worship opportunities which reach out to people.
- Work with other team leaders to support special events with music and worship
- Help to develop additional resources to support special events.
- Salary based on experience / 2 weeks paid vacation a year
- Choir Practice Thursday from 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Traditional Worship Sunday at 9:00 am, working hours from 8:15 am to 10:15 am
- Monthly music meeting 1st Thursday of month from 6:45 pm to 7:30 pm
- Christmas Eve services at 7:00 pm and 10:30 pm
- Ash Wednesday Service (the beginning of Lent), Good Friday Service (Friday before Easter), Sunrise service on Easter at 7:00 am
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to: Groesbeck Church, attn: Music Search Committee, 8871 Colerain Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45251 or email@example.com with Organist Application in subject line.
Contact us at 513-385-1750 x10 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Indy North Campus Worship PastorNorthview Church
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- October 26
Worship CoordinatorWaushara Community Church
- Wautoma, Wisconsin
- October 25
Music Director / Worship LeaderNorthside Christian Church
- Fresno, California
- October 24
Director of Worship ArtsCalvary Community Church
- Manteca, California
- October 24
Lighting DirectorParkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- October 24