This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children Church Administrator
The Redeemed Christian Church of God( a.ka. Domini
Houston, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 01/08/2008
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
The children church administrator carries out all administrative tasks to ensure smooth running and operational excellence in the children’s church. Duties include:
· Order children church curriculum and ensure curriculum is distributed timely to coordinators / teachers as required
· Develop, implement and maintain a secure method of receiving and returning children from and to parents before and after all activities.
· Keep and manage an inventory of children church equipment, materials, toys, stationery etc..
· Work with the coordinators and teachers to ensure the week ahead is well planned.
· Help obtain and / or prepare necessary crafts / materials needed to enable the teachers carry out activities outlined in the curriculum each week.
· Ensure all necessary children ministry supplies are stocked and provided to teachers as needed
· Work with teachers to decorate classrooms and update information on their boards as necessary
· Communication and Follow up with the children - liaise with coordinators / teachers to follow up with a child attending church for the first time, absent children etc.
· Organize and manage parent volunteering scheme for various children church activities and programs. Maintain children's ministry volunteer and substitute-volunteer calendar.
· Coordinate with church leadership and coordinators to schedule the yearly children’s ministry calendar.
· Ensure smooth running of children church every time the children church is open viz a viz registration, organizing volunteers, distribution of snacks, communication with teachers etc..
· Work with coordinators, teachers and volunteers to facilitate all children church activities and programs (e.g trip to Discovery Camp, Field Trips, Special Presentations etc.)
· Ensure adequate publicity of children’s activities. Prepare and distribute monthly newsletter for the children church
· Actively pursue continuing-education through the study of various materials, and/or attending conferences/classes that would strengthen the ministry.
· has a mature spiritual life and attitude.
· able to delegate responsibility when needed.
· has an understanding of child development.
· has an understanding of spiritual development.
· well organized and able to communicate to a group of adults and children.
· has good interpersonal skills - ability to work well with volunteers
· has a teachable spirit, always willing to learn
· has a renewed life in Christ.
· has a growing commitment to Christ, including a strong biblical foundation.
· 2 years or more experience in children’s ministry or children’s education
· an attested call to children, including: teaching, proclaiming the gospel, nurturing
· spiritual growth, and leadership development.
Helpful Qualifications / Experience:
· Experience in working within a leadership team.
· Experience in leading volunteers.
· Training in education, Christian education, leadership, communication, organization