This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The Redeemed Christian Church of God( a.ka. Domini
Houston, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 01/08/2008
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
RCCG Dominion Chapel
A Church is currently looking for a talented, motivated and dedicated individual to fill the position of Bookkeeper.
Position requires a self-starter, who works well under pressure and able to deliver on time. Candidate must be dedicated to furthering the work and witness of the church by using their talents and applying biblical principles.
v Provide level 1 approval authority in any day-to-day purchases and financial decisions.
v Performing other appropriate duties and responsibilities of proper book kee nd financial statements.
v Process requisition of funds for running the various ministries.
v Maintain contribution module: Entering, posting, and reconciling envelope batches
v Check and approve all vouchers for payment
v Review purchase requisitions and reconcile discrepancies
v Prepare Accounts Payable checks
v Answer all vendor inquiries
v Print all Accounts Payable reports and maintain files
v Prepare analysis of accounts
v Record, review and post journal entries
v Reconcile and prepare balance sheet reconciliation
v Monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts
v Determine daily cash position
v Payroll: Payroll for salaried & biweekly employees;
a. Post payroll summary to appropriate accounts Record payroll
b. Pay tax and severance allocation entries
v Responsible for the monthly closing
v Reporting: Provide monthly income statements,
a. Balance sheet,
b. Cash forecast
c. Report to Board of Trustee
v Preparation of 8109 coupon and 941s report each quarter
v Year end report – W2, W3, 1099,1096, members contribution statement etc
v Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the fixed asset register
v Use computer model to produce forecast and annual church budget
v Provide ad-hoc report for capital project evaluation
v Assist Auditor with year-end audit
v Maintain security and integrity of Powerchurch accounting data
v Liaise with volunteers and Treasury department (counters)
v Provide monthly church financial data to regional HQ
v Initiate annual budget preparation. Track budget with department heads throughout the year.
v Communicate and administer various employee benefit programs / packages.
· Has a renewed life in Christ.
· Has a growing commitment to Christ, including a strong biblical foundation
· Must have effective communication skills
· Must have experience with Powerchurch accounting software
· Must be able to operate independently and also work with a team.
· Certification in Accounting or equivalent work experience with 3 – 5 years experience
· Must be organized, able to prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
· Excellent customer service, effective interpersonal and communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word and Power point)
· Any experience with Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Credit control and any other account software is a plus
If interested and you possess the required skills e-mail a copy of your application / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
N.B. Equal opportunity Employer