This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Executive Church Administrator / Pastor's Personal Assistant
The Redeemed Christian Church of God( a.ka. Domini
Houston, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 01/08/2008
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
RCCG Dominion Chapel
Position/Title: Executive Church Administrator/Senior Pastor’s PA
A Church is currently looking for a talented, motivated and dedicated individual to fill the position of Executive Church Administrator/Pastor’s Personal Assistant
Position requires a self-starter, who works well under pressure and able to deliver on time. Candidate must be dedicated to furthering the work and witness of the church by using their talents and applying biblical principles in the administration field and serve in a staff position to advise and assist the church leadership.
v Coordinate and facilitate the day-to-day operations and activities of the church.
v Supervise and manage all the support staff in the church
v Conduct periodic formal performance evaluations of staff and assist in goal-setting
v Advise and assist the church leadership
v Facilitate the effective ministry of the Senior Pastor by serving him with excellence, in a spirit of Christ-likeness, teamwork and cooperation
v Maintain internal communications by publishing the church bulletin, newsletter, and by other means
v Ensure the quality and prompt dispatch of all outgoing correspondence.
v Conducting publicity and advertising activities.
v Provide final authority in any day-to-day purchases and financial decisions.
v Negotiate major asset purchases.
v Provide long Range planning (financial, facility, scheduling).
v Assist in various special projects under taken by the senior pastor or departments/ministries within the church
v Managing the pastor’s schedules, calendar and all appointments and carry out any other assignment from the Senior Pastor
v Liaising with the Board of HODs and Ministers in ensuring successful implementation of approved events and programs
v Responsible for Human Resource Management. Knowing schedules and whereabouts of all personnel and how to contact them in an emergency
v Responsible for general maintenance of the Church Management System.
v Coordinating travel details for outside speaking engagements.
v Coordinating Guest Minister’s visits
· Has a renewed life in Christ.
· Has a growing commitment to Christ, including a strong biblical foundation Must have leadership skills and relevant administrative experience
· Dynamic, proactive and share the vision of the Church with great passion of seeing it fulfilled
· Must be able to operate independently and also work with a team and assume leadership role when necessary.
· Bachelors or equivalent work experience with 3 – 5 years experience
· Must be organized, able to prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
· Excellent customer service, effective interpersonal and communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word and Power point)
If interested and you possess the required skills e-mail a copy of your application / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
N.B. Equal opportunity Employer