Creekside Church has been in existence since 2004. We are a portable church meeting in an intermediate school. We've had a committed Worship Leader for four years. We love him and his family and he has been devoted to Creekside through thick and thin.
But he is only able to devote Sunday mornings to leading worship, and Creekside is growing and ready for someone to take ownership of the worship ministry. God has provided people with a variety of musical and technical gifts who are ready to serve on a
team. We're looking for the man who will create and develop that team.
Our style has been very simple: One man with an acoustic guitar and a female singing harmony. (Sometimes he throws in a little harmonica.) We sing old hymns made new and new songs made simple. We believe the most important instrument in the room is the
human voice. The Worship Leader and his band should seek to draw out and accompany the worshipping voices, not the other way around. (So think along the lines of the acoustic, folk sound of Mumford and Sons, not over-produced Top 40 music.)
- Select songs early enough in the week to communicate in a timely manner with those who are responsible for print and electronic media.
- Recruit, develop and lead an ensemble/band from within the congregation.
- Rehearse with the band during the week.
- Oversee those who are with media projection and sound systems.
- Arrive on Sunday morning in plenty of time to do a run-through with the band and media volunteers.
- Initiate and coordinate special music as needed.
- Meet with the pastor weekly and elders regularly for feedback, prayer, encouragement, planning, etc.
We are offering a salary of $25,000 per year. Please send a letter of introduction and resume.